+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I ask this girl out if I don't know how to drive ??? Suggestions ?

How can I ask this girl out if I don't know how to drive ??? Suggestions ?

Me and this girl have always been friends but we realized we like each other more than that. She admitted she likes me and I do too. We've been talking a lot for a couple of weeks now and I REALLY wanna ask her out to the movies already. The problem is I don't know how to drive (17) so how can I ask her out if I can't pick her up ?? Like how else can she get there ?? Also how can I ask her out ? What can I say to her ?? I know she's gonna say yes already but i don't know how to ask. Someone please help, I really need some advice

Catch a bus there and meet her there?
    How come you can't meet her there at the cinema?

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    Catch a bus there and meet her there?
    How come you can't meet her there at the cinema?
    That's what I'm thinking about doing. The thing is that she doesn't always have a ride to get there. I know I will but idk about her. And I REALLY don't want my parents to drive us there, that's so embarrassing

She can't catch a bus ?

I suppose with your age, for you it can be embarrassing if your parents drive you there.... If you have good friend or even your older siblings/cousins can drive you there?

Dude, 17 without a car and don't know how to drive?
    We were boosting cars, and driving when I was around 13, lol.

Look, you can ask her to meet you somewhere, but then she'd have to be picked up.
    All you can do is just be honest and tell her straight up you don't have a car but plan on getting one (if that is true)

I ask you this:

Why didn't you take driver's ed in school?
    Why aren't you studying and getting ready to take the test?
    Why don't you know at least ONE person of whom you can borrow their car?
    Why aren't you working/having a job just to buy a bucket for the time being?

If she is simple? It won't matter, but what does it say about you?
    It looks as though you aren't really trying for yourself: how are you going to try for her?

I don't wanna make her take a bus that's also really bad honestly I'd rather have my parents take us than the bus lol. But I have a sister that's 22 than can take us but idk yet =/ If she has a ride and can meet me there than it's cool but I'm scared she won't. I really wanna ask her out already and I'm wasting time but this is really holding me back from doing it

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Dude, 17 without a car and don't know how to drive?
    We were boosting cars, and driving when I was around 13, lol.

Look, you can ask her to meet you somewhere, but then she'd have to be picked up.
    All you can do is just be honest and tell her straight up you don't have a car but plan on getting one (if that is true)

I ask you this:

Why didn't you take driver's ed in school?
    Why aren't you studying and getting ready to take the test?
    Why don't you know at least ONE person of whom you can borrow their car?
    Why aren't you working/having a job just to buy a bucket for the time being?

If she is simple? It won't matter, but what does it say about you?
    It looks as though you aren't really trying for yourself: how are you going to try for her?
    My parents for some reason don't think I'm ready to drive. I'm gonna get my permit soon but even with it, they won't trust me driving till I'm 18 or 19. She already knows I don't know how to drive and she said it's ok and that its not a problem. But to me it is because I don't know how I can take her out to dates

Quote Originally Posted by NYK09 View Post
    My parents for some reason don't think I'm ready to drive. I'm gonna get my permit soon but even with it, they won't trust me driving till I'm 18 or 19. She already knows I don't know how to drive and she said it's ok and that its not a problem. But to me it is because I don't know how I can take her out to dates
    The fact is: You will be severely limited.
    If she's superficial and vain: she'll drop you for the next dude (with a car) that shows interest.
    If she's wise beyond her years: it shouldn't matter.

Pull out that google, hit up places she likes and start planning.
    Without a car: you'd better have money.

Btw, part of being a man is standing up to your parents and tell them what you want.
    Don't become one of these saps that stays with their parents for 10 more years and barely buys a scooter afterward.
    A woman wants a man. Not a boy. Act like a boy and you'll be treated like one.

With going on dates....since your still young and can't drive... all you can do is meet her somewhere and go to resturant or to the movies.

How come you don't want her to take a bus?
    She never been on a public bus before?

Do you want to catch a bus with her or something?
    If you have no problem with your parents taking you and girl there then why don't you do that?