View Poll Results: Guys that can cook, what do you think?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • That makes him even HOTTER!

11 68.75%
  • It has no bearing on how attracted I am to him

3 18.75%
  • It makes him less hotter

0 0%
  • What a pansy!

2 12.50%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys that love to cook (and that can do it very well), what's your thoughts ladies?

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Well, smart guy would probably approach that a little differently.

Guy: "How about you come to my place for dinner, are you in the mood for something classic like filet mignon, or do want to try something fun like mussels marinier and fries?"
    *after dinner*
    Girl: "Wow! That was soooo good! I totally want to jump into your pants right now!" (I kid, I kid)

Not that the guys approach in this scenario is so good, but I'm sure said guy would be a little more tactful than "I know how to cook, you know?".

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    Well, smart guy would probably approach that a little differently.

Guy: "How about you come to my place for dinner, are you in the mood for something classic like filet mignon, or do want to try something fun like mussels marinier and fries?"
    *after dinner*
    Girl: "Wow! That was soooo good! I totally want to jump into your pants right now!" (I kid, I kid)

Not that the guys approach in this scenario is so good, but I'm sure said guy would be a little more tactful than "I know how to cook, you know?".
    Same thing. Your approach is just an elaboration.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Same thing. Your approach is just an elaboration.
    Not really. In your post the guy is simply bragging that he can cook, in my scenario he is inviting her over for dinner and taking action.
    Last edited by MrE; 01-04-11 at 08:04 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not really. In your post the guy is simply bragging that he can cook, in my scenario he is inviting her over for dinner and taking action.
    Yes really

sadie_genie Guest
    Same motivation: to impress and get laid. Honestly, the talent to cook for a guy is not really a big deal but if you put in the effort to make a good meal, it would impress her.

I am pretty traditional. I love cooking and love a man who loves my cooking! I wouldn't like my partner spends much time in the kitchen. To me, that's my territory. lol. I wouldn't like him even doing dishes. A cup of coffee is good enough for him to make me feel over the moon! And taking me out to a fancy restaurant.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Yes really
    Not really. The approaches are totally different. In Sadi's example she seems like she's trying to make the man out to be a dunce, a more tactical approach would be for the woman to discover that he loves cooking for her.
    Last edited by MrE; 01-04-11 at 12:52 PM.

I have far higher domestic skills than my wife, and sadly, it just gets me more work.
    So whether a woman's impressed or not doesn't mean much to me, just adds to my work load.

Though, my wife's discipline is better than mine, as long as I'm not around.

It's also never netted me any extra attention from the wife, or otherwise.

Overall, personally, rating, it's over rated.
    Green!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    I have far higher domestic skills than my wife, and sadly, it just gets me more work.
    So whether a woman's impressed or not doesn't mean much to me, just adds to my work load.

Though, my wife's discipline is better than mine, as long as I'm not around.

It's also never netted me any extra attention from the wife, or otherwise.

Overall, personally, rating, it's over rated.
    It works really well for my wife. Sometimes we role-play and I'll even dress up, I'll light the chiminea outside, set a table and pretend like I'm a waiter. I'll even print up a tiny menu, light some candles, etc. She absolutely loves that. Sounds corny, but it's actually really fun.

It doesn't change any attraction towards him but if he could cook and I wouldn't have to.. well it would be nice =) I don't like cooking.

It works really well for my wife. Sometimes we role-play and I'll even dress up, I'll light the chiminea outside, set a table and pretend like I'm a waiter. I'll even print up a tiny menu, light some candles, etc. She absolutely loves that. Sounds corny, but it's actually really fun.
    I have no doubt that it's fun, at least she appreciates it.
    Green!

ALL the men I meet these days seem to point out right away that they love to cook and are good at it. Thank God cause I have no interest in it- never have. If someone else wants to slave in the kitchen after a long days work- I am a lucky woman! Our society has changed, hasn't it? By the way- how in the world did this happen!? Did mothers stop taking daughters into the kitchen and began taking their little boys in it instead to teach them this stuff? Alot of these guys are REALLY good at it......

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    ALL the men I meet these days seem to point out right away that they love to cook and are good at it. Thank God cause I have no interest in it- never have. If someone else wants to slave in the kitchen after a long days work- I am a lucky woman! Our society has changed, hasn't it? By the way- how in the world did this happen!? Did mothers stop taking daughters into the kitchen and began taking their little boys in it instead to teach them this stuff? Alot of these guys are REALLY good at it......
    Probably.

Women are giving away the few things that made them useful in society.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Probably.

Women are giving away the few things that made them useful in society.
    That's what happens when men can no longer afford to support a family by himself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12