+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too little too late guys!

Too little too late guys!

Why do guys realise thier mistakes when the female doe not care anymore.. every man that has done me wrong has apologised months down the line when i dont even care.

randomly they make contact with a girl they used to be invloved with..act like nothing has happend, then expect the girl to come runnin back!

WHY??

I NEED MORE UNDERSTANDING OF MEN

Women are often too subtle when it comes to communication. Guys sometimes need very clear and direct communication regarding an issue and can't possibly be expected to read a woman's mind or identify minor variations in her facial expressions.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Guys are so narrow minded they think they can just walk back into your life like nothing happened, when the female acts differently, eg not being interested, why is it then men become more insistant on chasing them?

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It's not just guys, so you shouldn't really stereotype like that. I once left a girl and a month later she told me she was pregnant with my kid, I asked for proof which she couldn't provide and she said she had an abortion (which she couldn't provide proof of that either). A month after that she threatened to kill herself if I didn't start talking to her - guys aren't the only crazy ones

LOL how was she suppose to provide you with proof of the abortion?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    Some sort of medical record. She was obviously lying to me, she was a very manipulative one.

I my experience, I have found the men and women think very differently, and experience emotions very differently. I'm being general here, but men a driven by thought and women a driven by emotion (that's not to say women are less rational or less intelligent).

That means when a man emotionally offends a women (such as not taking an interest an a passion), he is more likely not to have realised he has done it or that it has effected to such an extent. If he were to offend a woman on an intellectual level (such as a sexist comment) he would be much more likely to realise and be apologetic. I find that women, when emotionally offended, tend not to confront the offender. When it comes to men, this the worst possible thing to do, because literally nothing will happen. Get angry with him. He will be genuinely apologetic.

But I don't mean to stereotype, the reverse is certainly true.

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    Some sort of medical record. She was obviously lying to me, she was a very manipulative one.
    Sounds like a piece of work she was. I dont understand how females lie about such things :|

Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    Indeed, what were you thinking, she should present him with a dead baby? =P

Users Country Flag
    The abortion thing really threw me off too. We were only together for a year and very early on in the relationship she made it fairly clear she was pro-life. Maybe she forgot she told me that, I dunno. Anyways, when I asked her where she went to get it done she stumbled real bad, she couldn't name the doctor, etc. Man, she was crazy. Probably about 8 years later she found me on MySpace and went into this whole thing about 'Whenever I look for a man, I look for you' and yadda yadda. She wanted to meet up again, I told her I was married and she COMPLETELY flipped out.

It's not just guys, so you shouldn't really stereotype like that. I once left a girl and a month later she told me she was pregnant with my kid, I asked for proof which she couldn't provide and she said she had an abortion (which she couldn't provide proof of that either). A month after that she threatened to kill herself if I didn't start talking to her - guys aren't the only crazy ones
    My friend Scott went through the exact same experience a few years ago.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    My friend Scott went through the exact same experience a few years ago.
    Was she the hyper-crazy type? When I first met her she was the sweetest thing. Almost the second we moved in together she became effin nuts. She would suddenly just flip the F out. One memory sticks out - we had a couple cats and she would pamper the CRAP out of them. One day she equated cats to children, saying how now she knows what it really feels like to be a mother of a child and such. I told her "I don't know how you can equate a cat to your own living blood, something that you've created and that is a true part of you." She started screaming at me, she pushed my desktop computer off my desk and busted it and made me leave. I went to my aunts and a day later she was a sobbing mess, super apologetic and such. This girl needed meds, but I wasn't the one who would try and tell her that - she would probably stab me in my sleep or something, hah. Crazy days.

Scott's girlfriend was a compulsive liar, but not crazy. He met her online, and when they later met face-to-face, she didn't look anything like her pictures. She gave him some medical excuse for why she weighed so much more than in her pictures. They dated for months, but she was very insecure about the fact that some of his friends were women, even though none of those women were attracted to Scott. (He's overweight, too.) She wanted the password to his email account so she could "trust" him, but he said no. She eventually hacked his account anyway and then sent phony emails to his female friends, trying to drive them off. So he dumped her, and then suddenly there was a big pregnancy drama. Only she wasn't really pregnant after all.

Less than a year later, I ran into a different friend at a nightclub, and Jim introduced me to her as his new girlfriend. She panicked and left immediately. I warned Jim about what happened to Scott, but made it clear that the only part that I knew about first-hand was the pregnancy scare, because I was hanging out with Scott when the dramatic phone calls started rolling in. She and Jim stayed together for years, but struggled badly, because she always had excuses for being unemployed. She left him last summer and took his car, saying that he owed it to her. Jim still hasn't been able to buy another car yet, because he doesn't make great money working at a tech support call center.

the female doe not care anymore. - I NEED MORE UNDERSTANDING OF MEN

Either you DO care or you DON't, you can't do the same at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Looq View Post
    I my experience, I have found the men and women think very differently, and experience emotions very differently. I'm being general here, but men a driven by thought and women a driven by emotion (that's not to say women are less rational or less intelligent).

That means when a man emotionally offends a women (such as not taking an interest an a passion), he is more likely not to have realised he has done it or that it has effected to such an extent. If he were to offend a woman on an intellectual level (such as a sexist comment) he would be much more likely to realise and be apologetic. I find that women, when emotionally offended, tend not to confront the offender. When it comes to men, this the worst possible thing to do, because literally nothing will happen. Get angry with him. He will be genuinely apologetic.

But I don't mean to stereotype, the reverse is certainly true.
    Thanks, this is a very valuable piece of info, both to women and men. The only thing I take issue with here is "get angry with him" to communicate a problem. IMO, this will not work and he will take it as a personal attack. After all, you write yourself that becasue he operates differently, he does not actually know he has "offended you emotionally". Rather, talk to him calmly about why you are upset.
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 02-04-11 at 03:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast