+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel so AWKWARD around my ex because we're still close friends

I feel so AWKWARD around my ex because we're still close friends

My and this girl have been good friends for 2 years now. But we realized we really liked each other so we went out for a month and we just recently broke up (on good terms) We're still gonna be close friends and we're still gonna talk but I feel SOOO AWKWARD !! Like I don't know how to talk to her as a friend cause I still think she's my girlfriend. Also our texts messages aren't the same as before and when ever I see her with other people and not me in school, I get jealous because she used to always be with me and not them. No matter how hard I try, I just can't accept the fact that we're friends after all we went through as a couple. And yes I still love her and she does too. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do cause I still have feelings for her and she told me she does too. But it feels so weird being with her in school. How can I adjust and what can I do ??? I know a lot of you will say to stay away from her for a while or give each other space but we can't because in school we have almost all classes together so Im gonna see her everyday either way. Also she's my prom date and I don't want to ruin my friendship with her seeing how prom is just 2 months away

tell her that if you are that good friends she will understand... thats why people of the opposite sex can rarely be friends... it hardly ever works

This is really an awkward situation...
    But I bet if you'd start a convo with: You know what's funny...? We've known each other so well, but after having dated each other, it feels like..... (fill in yourself)
    Adjustment needs some time.