+ Follow This Topic

Thread: cheating.....

cheating.....

i just found out my boyfriend cheated on me and i dont know what to do, not even how to confront him about it.... i dont wanna end what we have because we've been together for almost 3 years but than again i dont think i deserve this.....

Adorablec,

Continuing a relationship after someone cheats is POSSIBLE. However, it is extremely difficult, and the majority of the burdon will rest on you. Assuming you are younger, I would recommend to cut your losses and move on, no matter how hard it is. Cheating hurts, and that pain will continue to resonate if you try to continue to be with him. You DO deserve better, and there are plenty of men (though it may not seem like it now) that will treat you wonderfully, who you can develop great relationships with. If you do chose to move on, drop ALL CONTACT with him. It is impossible to move on if you continue any forms of communication with him, at least for 6 months to a year.

Thanks aenima, i really think thats the best.... im going to have a conversation with him and tell him how i feel and that i cant do this anymore, i feel so heart broken i cant stop crying, he was everything i ever wanted and i did so many things for him so at the end he could pay me like this, this just aint fare . :/

Particularly in this case, where you have given a great deal of emotion, time, and care into him, it would seem that you were the only one entirely invested. If he wasn't reciprocal, and returning your care and efforts, then you certainly deserve someone who will. Just listen to my advice when I say walk away completely. Delete his number. His Facebook. His friends. His family. Everything. It is the only way to do it, and do it FOR YOURSELF, never to make him feel guilty. The reality is, he screwed you over because he didn't care enough in the first place. You are best off cutting all times.

Wait a second here.

He cheated on you, but was it a long-time relationship? A one-night stand?

Were you coming through a rough patch together?

I'm not excusing his infidelity, I'm only trying to get some additional clues.

And i too think a couple can get over an infidelity. Yet it remains really rare for once your trust has been soiled you tend to become suspiscious and sneaky.