+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ups and downs

ups and downs

does anyone have any advice on how to stabalize my mood. I get these extreme periods where I am great, then the complete opposite and out of the blue too. thanks

when you find out the answer let me know lol.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

yeah its real extreme though

Ever get checked out for bipolar?

Meditation?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

never got checked for bipolar.. how do they test for it??

Okay, I would say that normal people have highs and lows too. These ups and downs fluctuate as the day progresses. I feel like that sometimes. But I think the worrying point is when it is severe enough to affect your daily activities.

It's severity is the main issue. Yes, it could be bipolar.

Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) is characterized by cycling mood changes: severe highs (mania) and lows (depression). Cycles may be predominantly manic or depressive with normal mood between cycles. Mood swings may follow each other very closely, within hours or days, or may be separated by months to years. These "highs" and "lows" may vary in intensity and severity.

Get it checked if you're really affected by it. However, if you know for a fact that something is bothering you, that could very well be the cause of it. Like something could've triggered you to be like this. Logically, handling that problem takes away the ups and downs.

Distract yourself

I was feeling really low earlier over this business with Karen. It's giving me the shits. I want it to be over, I need it to be over, I really want to just move on .. from her. But I'm feeling down because I want her to contact me, I want to see her, it's just nuts

So I'm like bollocks to this, jumped in the car and drove into town, feel heaps better now.

Give it a while and I'll be back to sooking about it

I don't think there would be anyone on here that doesn't feel like this when the break up with someone.

If what you are going through is linked to your break up I'd say that was normal, distract yourself , keep busy and just try to work through it.

If you are talking about a long term issue, yeah well then you might want to get it checked out. Could be a depression that tends to go in cycles but I'd be surprised if it was bi-polar