+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are guys in their late 20's to early 30's having problems finding women?

Why are guys in their late 20's to early 30's having problems finding women?

I have dealt with only a small number of guys around my age that are having difficulty dating or meeting a woman around their age frame.

Does anyone have their own reasons?

One of my reasons is because we are not as financially advance as the older guys past 35 who have financial backing. We can't make over $24,000. Some have, but most I ran into haven't.
    Too many things, so little time!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by StarshipPatriot View Post
    I have dealt with only a small number of guys around my age that are having difficulty dating or meeting a woman around their age frame.

Does anyone have their own reasons?

One of my reasons is because we are not as financially advance as the older guys past 35 who have financial backing. We can't make over $24,000. Some have, but most I ran into haven't.
    I'm in my late 20's. I have no problems finding women.

And yes, you can make over $24,000. But I'm almost certain that has nothing to do with why you're not dating.

Could be a number on reasons, shy, maybe dont go out much. Not having tons of friends. There always are dating websites also. It could be how they show themselves, style dress...etc. Self confidance. Theres also alot of guys that live at home with mom or dad still. Women dont norm really want much to do with that but there could be a good valid reason, maybe sold a home to start over, moved out of an appart due to a reason.

Women dont normaly fall into your lap much, maybe they are thinking its the womans jobs to come snatch them up.

the posibilties are endless.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where I'm from it's 1 single simple reason. These are average joe men (nothing wrong with that in the least) looking for and will settle for nothing less then brilliant, top model women, who work full time, make 30k or more, love to cook, clean, and make home, and know how to party, yet are conservative, sweet angles. Well these rare gem ladies, the few that there are can score a wealthy equally good looking man and will therefore not settle for an average joe man.

What I'm saying is the men I know at that age have this ideal of the woman they'd like to have and it doesn't match the woman they can GET.

Somebody that age could already be a top manager in a firm, hence making well over $24,000.

I think that there is no formula for getting dates.

I don't personally know any women who date men based on their income. I sure as hell don't do that. I'll date a guy if I'm attracted to him and I like his personality and he treats me well. I don't care what he does for a living or how much money he makes, as long as he can support himself. I don't expect him to financially support me. And most young women prefer to date men their own age. I wouldn't want to date a man who was more than 6 or 7 years older than me.

When you approach women to ask them out, do they really ask how much money you make?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyZ View Post

When you approach women to ask them out, do they really ask how much money you make?
    There's no way this is the case.

The OP is insecure about his income, and is projecting his issues onto women that reject him.

Huh? Why did you say that? I just wanted to bring in the subject. The income thing is one reason I got from a friend who is in his late 20's. He is turning 30 this summer (July) and he told me this while at a bar.

OK, so when your friend approaches women to ask them out, do they really ask how much money he makes?

and further, does he date them for a bit and get canned when he tells them what he makes?

my gf has no idea what I make, but she could probably assume based on my condo and car. I'm 26 and do just fine, and I've never told a date how much I make.

I understand that and all. But, I am talking about 29, 30, 31, and 32 year olds that used to make that much. Away from the income topic, maybe it was that we are suppose to fit a stereotype in society. Maybe as of now, we shouldn't be going back to college and instead have our life situated right now. Some of the single 29-32 year old guys told me that a few that are single are because they still want to have fun, they didn't want any fast commitment or just didn't want to gather commitment to anything at all.

Oh and Cerby, most dates ask where do I work at and how much do I make. Now, I had a habit to tell them that I go to college, which they will say "I figured you or some of those guys of your age would be done." I tell her, "Well, there wasn't any good careers besides Art and Visual Communication that I wanted." "I like Art and Visual Communications." And yes, I do get turned away. I do not ask how much the girl/woman makes or what job does she have. The girl/woman will ask me how much I make or what kind of job do I do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by StarshipPatriot View Post
    Oh and Cerby, most dates ask where do I work at and how much do I make.
    I might end the date right there. Not at the "where you work", but if someone asks for my income, Jesus.

Not sure what kind of women you're dating - I've never had this come up.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    and further, does he date them for a bit and get canned when he tells them what he makes?

my gf has no idea what I make, but she could probably assume based on my condo and car. I'm 26 and do just fine, and I've never told a date how much I make.
    I've only had one girlfriend that knew how much I made - and that's because she lived with me.

This is all kinds of weird.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not to be contrary, but women in this age range are generally interested in creating families, and $24,000 isn't enough money to make that an intelligent choice, so I do believe the lack of income could be relevant. That said, there are plenty of women around who don't think about the financial security of their future kids. Also, I have never heard of a woman asking how much money a guy makes before dating them. Occupation - yes, but not income.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with the above as well. I make 35k and that's not enough (and am currently perusing school to make more). So if a potential mate appeared (because I would *never* ask) to make that little I would be turned off. Unless of course he was perusing school actively and was being smart about money and life in the meantime and is gorgeous. So yes at a certain threshold money is an issue and that's barely enough to live on (in Vancouver).

I second that notion I would never ask on the initial dates... though I did ask my partner at 3 months in how much he made but we were already really quite serious at 3 months.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast