+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First relationship problems

First relationship problems

Hello eveybody,

I'm a 17 year old male and I've been having my first serious relationship for three months now. We are very much in love and ofcourse feel like we are going to be together untill we die of old age
    But, ofcourse, we (or I) have run into some "problems".
    We go to the same school and follow the same lessons so we are together a lot, and in the weekends we often get together and (used to) watch movies together. But ofcourse, sometimes we weren't watching at all because we were kissing and hugging. (but nothing more ) We really had a good time, or atleast that's what I thought.
    The thing is, that when I don't hug her or when I don't take the initiative to kiss her, we don't do that. We've talked about this and I've learned that she isn't the person that wants to hug all the time and I understand that. But now, a couple of days ago, when she, kinda, said no when I offered to take off our shirts and get confy. I thought that it just wasnt the time, and made no problem out of it ofcourse. Later that day I asked her if there was any particular reason why she didn't want it. Then it came. She said that it was too much, all the hugging, all the kissing, she said she couldn't get used to it. She just wants to watch movies with me and do stuff together. I don't really know how to put this but she said, that when we were hugging while watching the movies, she said to herself: "aah, again?" This really hurt me, knowing that in those three months we've been together, she didn't enjoy our hugs. Whenever I had her in my arms, it made me feel happy, she was smiling, I was smiling, I thought we were sharing the same feelings. But I was wrong, knowing this really really really makes me feel horrible and makes me wanting to cry when I think about it. We talked about this and she doesn't know I feel this way because she was crying too when she told me this. She didn't sleep very well that night because she had to think about it. I just don't want to tell her how I really feel because I know that when I do, she will also be sad
    Now you might say, that she doesn't love me, but believe me she does.
    So could anyone tell me what to do? You'll probably say talk about it but I really don't wat to hurt her :s
    help me

Serious communication breakdown. She's just going with the flow to make you happy. You guys need to talk about it. If she REALLY doesn't enjoy getting close to you, that's a problem. Sounds like she just wants to be friends. Just hang out like good buddies, no intimate sessions at all. But she needs to be clear with what she wants from the relationship. Honestly, I would want to make out and hug my gf, get close with her, after all she is your gf. Talk about it, calmly, have her explain what she wants and likes about the relationship and what she doesn't like.....then you do the same. Make sure SHE tells you first though because she's the one with the honest communication problem, but don't say that lol. Keep calm and pay attention to what she says when you have this sit down. You should know if the relationship is worth fighting for or not after you get everything on the table between the two of you.

It's not that she doesn't enjoy to getting close to me, although very rarely she holds my arm and tells me she missed me. It's hard to explain and It's not like she only wants to be friends, we've talked about that. I just thought that maybe it's normal, or maybe she or I are not ready for it yet, although I feel like I am. It's been a week now and I've been giving her some space, since then we haven't hugged at all, I don't know what to do :s She is happy though, she laughs a lot, I don't think she misses anything and although it feels good seeing her like this, I just want HER to take initiative, to come to me and hug me instead of the otherway around. And with the stress of the exams coming up I don't think talking about it will be very easy at the moment. :s

You say she's happy, but how can you be sure? You thought she was ok kissing and hugging all the time.....until you discovered she wasn't. That's the point, you just assume it's all good because she smiles thru it all......isn't that what she's been doing? I mean, if you'd rather keep this up and assume she's happy and it's all good, be my guest, but if that's the case, what advice can we give you?

Well I don't know, if I knew that I wouldn't have come here, would I?
    Like I said it's my first relationship, I'm seventeen! I just don't know what to do, today was hell.

she could might be bored. 3 months at 17 is a long time from remebering my HS relationships. i hope the best for ya but id saw, i like you and like hangin out. let it at that.

ok, well thanks anyway for the advice