+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mixed messages

mixed messages

Ok, so i have been dating this guy for a year now. He is wonderful to me, very giving and sweet and would do anything in the world for me, perfect in almost every way. One thing that i loved most about our long distance relationship is that we communicate our feelings very well. Except for this one thing...He tells me all the time how he can't wait to marry me and make me his wife and yet everytime i bring it up or mention it he flips out and totally changes his persona. He has his own place, no kids, great secure job, and is financially stable for the most part. So why does he say one thing and won't even talk about it if I hapen to bring it up??

that doesn't sound like much of a problem. he probably does want to marry you maybe but not right now. if you're enjoying your time with him a lot like you say then why fukc it up with marriage talk all the time? drop the subject for a while. lest you sound like you're desperate to get married. enjoy some happy time with your perfect guy. don't worry about this small of a "problem."
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

One thing that i loved most about our long distance relationship is that we communicate our feelings very well. Except for this one thing...He tells me all the time how he can't wait to marry me and make me his wife and yet everytime i bring it up or mention it he flips out and totally changes his persona.
    Why do you put so much faith in his words and ignore the actions?

Why is your relationship long distance and how did you meet? If he SAYS he wants to marry you, then why isn't he showing you actions (like making arrangements to have you move near him or him move near you etc) to show you that he truly wants that?

Further: surely after only one year of long distance you don't think that's enough time having gotten to know one another enough to marry? One year of long distance can only be counted as being as long as the number of times you've spend in each other's company real time. How often have you spent time in his actual company?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 24-06-11 at 07:16 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion