+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help on major love problem :(

help on major love problem :(

i m new here..
    Very much in trouble n need advice..

I m in love wid a guy who is 8 yrs elder to me..we met on net..as like many other relationships i too went thrgh a hard time
    my family(joint) didnt like him.the possible reasons r-

*they r orthodox and cn nt digest a tag of love marriage in society.
    *They hv problem wid d age difference..i m 21 yr and he 29 yrs old
    *i m financially more strong than him..he is earning (4000 k a month )bt as per them its nt enough.
    *We belong to same caste bt different subcaste
    *my family's astrologer has said dat i shud wait till 24 n then marry for which he n his parents r nt ready..n top of it my family dont want to gv any sort of confirmation either(may b to avoid him)

i dont knw wat to do..he n his parents visited my family for mutual talk bt my family didnt show major intrest..i really want to turn thngs gud..bt dont knw hw

note: i m frm india n here stupid reasons r given priorities in marriages
    my parents dont hv any say in my joint family..n d main member is my uncle to whom every1 listens bt he dont listen to any1..his daughter too is to be married (27 yr) bt is nt getting married due to certain reasons..so i cn nt marry b4 her.

Kindly suggest me smthng..my guy didnt want to wait widout any confirmation so he left..its been 6 months nw bt still he is expecting me to turn thngs gud..i m student n afraid dat if i utter d issue again they wl use harsh measures on me

wat shud i do..we dont want to run away also..
    Pl suggest!!!!!!

I am not very familiar with the customs of Indian families with regard to relationships and marriage, but it seems like you have a couple choices here:

A) Go along with your family's wishes and stop seeing this guy.
    or
    B) Ignore your family's wishes and run off with this guy and start your own family.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is much middle ground here. You say you want to turn things good, but your family doesn't seem willing to listen. So you are left with a couple difficult choices.

Just remember, if you are not sure about this guy, and you chose option B, and things don't work out, then you will be on your own. Make sure you can handle that possibility.

But also remember this - all revolutions (political, social, religious, etc) all start with one person saying that things just are not right.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!