+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is there even a point?

is there even a point?

I was rejected by a man who I really thought had feelings for me. He told me he knew we would never be anything more than friends. Months earlier we had been FWBs but he put a stop to it when he felt like I had feelings for him, or so he told me this recently. He had just gotten out of a messy 8 years of drama on and off again relationship with a girl who wasn't very nice to him. He said he needed time alone and to be single in his life. I overreacted because I felt like he used me before because he kept sending me signs that he liked me...so I just thought FWBs would just be a temporary thing. He would send me messages to ask me how I was and heck, we have known each other for 14 years. We were only ever acquaintances before...but still. Everybody i told about him thought he liked me too...just that he needed some single time. Anyway, I messaged him too much and it got to the point where he said he didn't want to be my friend because I caused him stress and he did not need that because of his past relationship. He then blocked and deleted me off of FB. I have come to terms with everything and I just wish I could apologize to him. It has already been a few weeks but I was thinking in another 2 months or so just messaging him to tell him I was sorry for not being respectful of him. I know he wont unblock me on FB right now because he thinks I don't know how to shut up. I just can't get over how I acted... Would it be out of line to send him a message months after? I run into his mom all of the time... it is hard to completey get it out of my head.

how old are you both?

I am 24 and he is 25. We both did a lot of post-secondary education which means we still live at home haha. I do not want him back...i just want to be civil. I just found it hard to believe that someone could fool around with someone and then tell them it would never mean anything. We werent drunk or anything...and this happened mulitiple times.

He doesnt seem to want to be around you... you are probably better off anyway.. being around someone you have feelings for makes it harder to move on.. Just move on, and if its meant to be he will contact you.

i have a friend like this, she kinda did some of the same stuff with me, known her along time. i had deleted her number and her off FB. i think about 2 weeks later she emailed me at work, she has my email and asked if i was ok and why she didnt hear from me cuz it was not like me. all in all i put the drama filled BS aside a left he rbe my friend again. truth be told, shes the only one thats been there thru and thru for me like a family member.

if you want to be civil try it, i mean i guess it worked for my friend cuz she got her best male friend back, just saw her this weekend cuz i needed a ride home from a car dealership. and i ended contact because i was tired of the stress she was causing me. stress goes away, people do also and they came re evaluate the friendship or what ever it is lol. id try it, send um a message in a week.

I have been in this situation a couple of years ago. And I think it was not a serious feelings for him. You feel you[URL="http://www.myboyisanidiot.com"] love[/URL] him and you want him to be with you. But, he doesn't think so. That is why he didn't response you what you really want. This is a clear one sided feeling, nothing else. May be he likes you as a friend or else, you were an option for him. According to me, you should forget him as soon as possible.

It will be helpful for you to live happy. This is totally my personal suggestion. It is up to you and as you are the best to choose what to do and what not. After all you are in love and it is hard to get out of this. But still you have life to live. Wish you will be fine soon.
    Last edited by deepika_16; 30-06-11 at 06:44 AM.

sadie_genie Guest
    I am sorry you would have to get tangled up with someone like that. He seems really confused and hurt from the past. It is better to leave him alone and get on with your life. No contact will help you get a fresh start.

I let my insecurities get the best of me. I pushed him away.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    I am sorry you would have to get tangled up with someone like that. He seems really confused and hurt from the past. It is better to leave him alone and get on with your life. No contact will help you get a fresh start.
    He's not confused, maybe hurt from the previous relationship. They were FWB. Just because he texts, calls, and shows a general interest in her doesn't mean he's looking for a relationship. The OP went along with the FWB in hopes of it turning into a real relationship......that was a mistake. After all, they are sleeping together, of course she would get more attention that some other chick he knows. I don't think the OP understood how FWB relationships work. If you want a relationship with someone, you don't enter a FWB with them.....especially after they'v told you what they want and don't want. He's not a bad guy, he left a relationship that he wasn't happy with. OP, you should just let him be, their's no need for an apology. He has cut ties with you, leave it at that. Go find a guy that you can have a regular relationship with, which is what you really wanted in the first place.
    Last edited by IncognitoSir; 30-06-11 at 07:03 AM.

Coming from someone that just got out of a 4 year relationship with someone that is around the same age as this guy (he'll be 24 in August), I'd say that he may not have intentionally used you, but lets be honest whenever you get out of a serious relationship the first couple of people tend to be "rebound" for a lack of better word as they are trying to get over the past. My ex started "dating" someone about two months after we broke up but it only lasted a week or so. He told me if he could take it back he would because it didn't feel right and he told her he just wanted to be friends because he wasn't ready for another relationship. Well that girl is still hanging around him and lets be honest.."hoping" that something will happen if she just hangs on alittle longer. That isn't healthy for her and he is now only using her as a void filler until he actually figures out what he wants. In his case I know he wouldn't sleep around with her or be physical with her without being in a relationship. (honestly not that type of a person) But regardless he's using her emotions and stringing her a long. You simply can't be friends with someone that you know has romantic feelings for you when you don't return them. Its not fair to either parties. Anyway, for many people they think they need to be with someone else just to start moving on. He may have showed interest in you, but that could have just been him being a nice guy. (As is the case with my ex and the girl he "dated") If he blantantly told you he wasn't ready for a relationship and then you went ahead and became FWB, well I'm sorry to say...you kind of knew what you were getting yourself into. You really can't change someone. They are who they are and no hoping or willing them is going to change them. It's going to take him years (in my opinion) to get over that long of a relationship, regardless of how good it may or may not have been. So no, I don't think you should contact him because he's made it clear that he doesn't want you in his life right now. Maybe after several months have pasted you can contact him...but not within the next few months. Sorry hun...he wasn't ready for the stress of another relationship when he's heart was still in the past.