Hey everyone needing some advice here..

Ill sum this up the best way I can (me:26 her:35 has a 8 year old daughter)

SO basically her and I were together about 5 years. WE broke up about early 2010 and have been sorta on and off since then. Main problem, I got needy and then jealous then became an @ hole, and it pushed her away. I lived with her and her daughter for about 2 of those years, and love her daughter as if she was mine.

In march we hung out and she stated she just wanted to be friends. We had a good time that day and that night i sorta let me emotions get the best of me and did the whole I love you thing I miss you etc. Sorta left on a sad note. The next day she text me how hard it was for her not to be with me and how she only wants to spend time with her daughter and not have a relationship. She seemed to take it quite hard. Well I have been not contacting her much since then, I get "good morning" text about 4 weeks ago. Then this saturday she messages me on FB "hey codeman can you help us with computer etc..." I ignore it, then get another message that night "Sooo how have you been? New job? Things been the same here etc. TTY Soon <3"

I ignore it for 4 days and respond "hey just been really busy if you wanted to chat you know how to get ahold of me take care" That was tuesday.

Basically, I know she just wants friends in her life right now, and thats cool. I know she has turned guys down and stated the same reason. I know if i can get into her life again and hang out with her that I could progress as I'm pretty sure she still has feelings for me. However I dont know where to go from here.

I respect she wants to spend time with her daughter before shes older (shes 8), and shes quite an independent women. But I at least do want to be friends with her, hang out and chat on the phone all that stuff..

How do I progress? and was my response to her FB messages negative? or appropriate?

I appreciate any help. (in the mean time I am dating other girls on and off and dont really feel anything for anyone emotionally) I know "move on" but I must admit, I have a very strong love for her, even if thats just as friends...