View Poll Results: Would get involved in a fight to save a girl being attacked?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes definately!

5 50.00%
  • Only if I knew her.

3 30.00%
  • Only if my friends were there.

0 0%
  • I'd call the police, but thats it.

1 10.00%
  • No way!

1 10.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting involved in a fight

Getting involved in a fight

Hey guys!

Awhile back I came here to ask for help with my violent ex bf. And thats all sorted out now. We decided not to go to the cops though as it would have been all too much really. But anyway thanks for all the help with that if you remember me. Now I'm with another guy. He's been a friend of mine for a long time now so I feel much safer with him.

The other day me and my new bf came out of this club and saw my ex bf hitting another girl and pulling her about. It all happened kinda suddenly, but my current bf stormed over there and pulled him away from her and basically saw him off. We asked her if she was alright and whether she wanted to go to hospital or anything, but she said she was ok. We just waited awhile for one of her friends to come and pick her up.

I just wondered if anyone else would get involved in a fight like that? I'm very proud of my bf for stepping in like he did. I don't think many guys would stick their neck out like that to help someone else in trouble. Though my bf has always protected me from my ex too, so i guess its in his nature.

I don't know too many people who would just stand around watching a guy beat up a girl.

So glad you broke up with that loser.
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You'd be surprised, Giga. Girl I know was thrown down a flight of steps, dragged by her hair, and then lifted up by her throat and shaken like a rag doll in front of a group of dumbfounded guys. Her two petite little girlfriends jumped on the guy's back but he flung them off and continued beating her until he got tired. Nobody even bothered to call the cops.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't know too many people who would just stand around watching a guy beat up a girl.

So glad you broke up with that loser.
    So am I! I'm so lucky to be with my current bf. He is completely the opposite in many ways. He always looks out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You'd be surprised, Giga. Girl I know was thrown down a flight of steps, dragged by her hair, and then lifted up by her throat and shaken like a rag doll in front of a group of dumbfounded guys. Her two petite little girlfriends jumped on the guy's back but he flung them off and continued beating her until he got tired. Nobody even bothered to call the cops.
    No way!! And these guys did nothing?? Just let this poor girl get beaten?? Thats terrible!

What happened to the girl? Was she ok? Were you there as well?

anachronistic Guest
    that asshole belongs in jail.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I imagine shooting your exboyfriend would have solved a lot, too bad nobody did

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I imagine shooting your exboyfriend would have solved a lot, too bad nobody did
    That'd be a little harsh, though some time in jail would probably set him straight. well maybe. I've just been through enough lately and dragging my ex through the courts, even if it got to court wouldn't solve anything. He's definately got some issues I think.

What my ex bf has done though, is no where near as bad as what that guy that Gribble mentioned did. That is truely horrific. I can't believe noone stepped in then. I know for sure my bf would. He'd never stand by and watch someone getting beaten up like that.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I wasn't there. I would have done something. He was a big guy, but damn, he was drunk as a skunk to boot and outnumbered at least three to one. I can't believe nobody did anything.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm no hero. I knew the girl, hence I would have helped. Had it been some unknown chick I would have called the cops but kept on a-walking.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I wasn't there. I would have done something. He was a big guy, but damn, he was drunk as a skunk to boot and outnumbered at least three to one. I can't believe nobody did anything.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm no hero. I knew the girl, hence I would have helped. Had it been some unknown chick I would have called the cops but kept on a-walking.
    Even if you did something your efforts would have likely been thankless. Although it would have been the right thing to do, so it should be done regardless.

Yeah, calling the cops in that situation is really the least you can do. I'm surprised nobody did. Those guys who just stood watching should be ashamed of themselves.

Would you help a girl who was being beaten up by a guy you knew then? Thats what my bf did. He'd already saved me from my ex bf a number of time so he was just kind of used to stepping in and throwing a few punches at him I think.

Added a poll, just because I thought it might be fun to see what people's responses are.
    Last edited by shakey; 21-07-07 at 07:27 PM.

I voted "Yes definitely" because I'd like to think that's what I would do. I've never been in such a situation though. But I would do something. If I can see that I couldn't stand a chance against the guy, I'd try to get someone else to make him stop. Definitely calling the police. Definitely doing something instead of just gawking!!!

I voted Yes definitely, I'm young and small now but even if i was smaller then the guy and out-numbered I would do something, right after calling the cops of course. If I were in the girls shoes I would want the help too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so if i were to save this girl, she would look at me like i was her hero, and then she would have mad sex with me because i had saved her life.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Even if you did something your efforts would have likely been thankless. Although it would have been the right thing to do, so it should be done regardless.
    Yeah, it may be the right thing to do. But who you don't always know why whatever's happening is happening. Would you step in if a girl was beating up on some guy?

Probably not, unless you knew them and have some idea as to what was going on. Most people sit and stare because they don't have a clue as to what's going on. Context is everything.

I voted "No Way", because I would bet most of the people here haven't even when they had the opportunity to intervene on any physical quarrel.

I voted "Yes definitely" because I'd like to think that's what I would do.
    Who wouldn't like to think they would to the virtuous thing? Nobody likes to think they wouldn't. Do you think anybody in that gawking crowd, if asked this same question would say "most definitely not"?
    Last edited by Junket; 22-07-07 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yeah, it may be the right thing to do. But who you don't always know why whatever's happening is happening. Would you step in if a girl was beating up on some guy?

Probably not, unless you knew them and have some idea as to what was going on. Most people sit and stare because they don't have a clue as to what's going on. Context is everything.

I voted "No Way", because I would bet most of the people here haven't even when they had the opportunity to intervene on any physical quarrel.

Who wouldn't like to think they would to the virtuous thing? Nobody likes to think they wouldn't. Do you think anybody in that gawking crowd, if asked this same question would say "most definitely not"?
    Ok maybe if the fight was more mutual and not that serious it would be best not to get involved. But say someone was being punched half to death, you wouldn't do anything?? Not even call the cops??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast