+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing Situation, Need Advice.

Confusing Situation, Need Advice.

Ok, I'm a little confused about this girl.

About a week ago while I was working (restaurant). These two girls came in, in which I took there order. After they had left, I went over to the table they were sitting at, and found that one of them had left there phone number with a heart at the end. Obviously the man in me had to text them, since they were pretty good looking.

But this is where the confusing part comes in. We've texted back and fourth for hours through out the week talking about life and each others interests. All that good stuff. I would sometimes give her a couple world answer and she would reply back with a paragraph. That type of stuff. But, hear this. She has a boyfriend. They been together for a year, and hes a big part of her life. I really don't understand at all.

I tested out the asking her to the movies the third day we texted each other, but she nicely rejected. Then I told her if she has any friends as nice as her. My friend though that was a bad idea. But, I say otherwise.

Anyways, what do you think? Are you as confused as me?

Anyone have any advice?

Hmm. I guess not!

She was playing. She thought you were cute but she isn't going to break up with her boyfriend.

Asking if she has any friends as nice as her is a little tacky, and actually makes you look a little desperate. Sorry.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Yeah, I thought it was a bit of desperate move as well. But she laughed at it, so I think I'm ok.

It was my friends idea, so I guess ill put the blame on him. Lol

How should I continue talking to her now?

You should ask her what she's trying to accomplish with you if she has a boyfriend already? What was the point?....I would straight up ask if she had any nice, SINGLE friends lol. What is the harm? She shouldn't of even engaged or lead you on into the situation when she was already in a relationship.....that's really messed up. I would just let her go. Because with your luck, her boyfriend will find out about you, and you'll take the heat for her flirtatious, misleading BS......

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    She was playing. She thought you were cute but she isn't going to break up with her boyfriend.

Asking if she has any friends as nice as her is a little tacky, and actually makes you look a little desperate. Sorry.

Good luck.
    I disagree. She has a boyfriend and she's leaving her cell phone number around for other guys to call her? That's crossing relationship boundaries and the one who looks desperate is her.

Good for you Op for putting her in her place and at the same time possibly getting introduced to someone worth pursuing. Text girl is a dumb flake not worth the time it took for you to put her numbers in your phone. If she doesn't know anyone that would be good for you, delete her and forget she exists... she has a boyfriend already

How should I continue talking to her now?
    Are you serious? You'd still want to keep in contact with a girl who has no relationship or personal boundaries and would be feeling free to leave her phone number for the next cute waiter even when she's in a relationship? pfffft. Shame on you for having no standards.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-07-11 at 04:49 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion