+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rejected by my best guy friend. Thought time would heal, but it's been a year?

Rejected by my best guy friend. Thought time would heal, but it's been a year?

So, I found my best friend freshman year of college. I've never clicked with anyone so quickly, and I know we were destined soul mates. I've been bullied and horrifically rejected by all guys since like 2nd grade, so when I went to college, and found someone that actually cared for me, and wasn't trying to humiliate me, I rejoiced! My own family doesn't even show me the side of affectionate love, but he did, we cuddled, talked, laughed, I was sure (and everyone assured me) there was no way we wouldn't be dating.

Anyways, I fell completely head over heels, and he didn't return the feelings. I was sure he just wasn't ready, because I mean why would a guy cuddle, but not want you? But months later, he told me he was gay. I've never cried a whole day before, but that day I definitely felt the signs of depression for the first time. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm over exaggerating, but he really was the guy I've always dreamed of!

He's my best friend, and currently pretty much my only friend. I don't know who else to talk to, and I don't have the money for counseling. I keep thinking I'll get over it, especially since I found out he was gay, but I still think about him daily. I'm just so attracted to him. Is there anything I can do, other than cutting it off with him completely?

Find a bi guy. They like girls, but they are more sensitive and able to express their feelings. Google for "bisexual dating" websites.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

You haven't been rejected.

He is not rejecting you, he is gay and will never be able to give you what you want.

At least between the two of you you'll have something where you know his friendship will always be based on his love and admiration for you as a person.

That is not something to be sad about. It is something to be grateful for.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...