+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crushing Real Hard - HELP!

Crushing Real Hard - HELP!

So I've been hanging out with this girl for a few months now (we're both 30) and I've acquired quite the crush, but of course she has a boyfriend. The thing is though that when we do hang out I don't think she tells him because it starts fights between them. But she still continues to call me up to hang out. We'll hang out at least 2-3 times a week, sometimes more. Lately she's even been sort of complaining about him to me, about how it's not working out, etc. We get along so well, always have fun together and have so much in common. I make her laugh and she compliments me a lot. We text and talk a ton. When we're out in groups I'll catch her looking at me sometimes and when we make eye contact she doesn't look away, she holds it and smiles. This has even happened when her BF is standing right next to her. We've also opened up to each other rather quickly about our life stories and such. I've never been as comfortable being as open and personal as I am with her and vice versa.

My main problem is that she's an amazing friend that I don't want to lose. But I would love nothing more than to give it a shot at taking it to another level. It just feels right. However, lately I've been attempting to put those extra feelings in my back pocket to see if she ends up breaking up with her BF. The way she talks about their situation leads me to believe it wont last much longer, although she does seem to be "stuck" in the relationship for some temporary legitimate reasons.

So I guess I'm here with a few questions...

1. From what I mentioned does it seem like she's interested in me as more than just a friend?

2. Is it wrong for me to tell her how I feel while she's still in a relationship with this guy?

3. If you're a girl and your close guy friend asked you out, would you still be able to keep the friendship if you weren't interested in him that way? Even if he was willing to not act on those feelings anymore.

It's been so frustrating because I can't talk to my friends about it. We share a lot of mutual friends and the more people I tell the greater the chances are of her finding out. I want her to hear it from me, not gossip. And the friends that do know don't like talking about it because they know all three of us - me, her and the BF. So I guess it's a bit awkward for them. I've dated a lot of girls in my short life and I've never had the trouble I'm having now about reading a girl. EVER!!

Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated. Obviously it's opinions since everyone is different, but just posting this has helped relieve some of the stress. So thank you.

HB

Nothing you are doing is out of line, but what she is doing is sort of out of line. It sounds like she is trying to test the waters to see if you would be interested if she breaks up with her boyfriend. If nothing else, she is emotionally cheating on her boyfriend with you. So you are the other guy right now. Just understand that and you can see why her boyfriend might not be too keen on you two hanging out.

I would wait to tell her how you feel until she is free and clear of her other relationship. You don't want to be in that quagmire. But as long as you don't take it to another level with her when she is with someone else, there is no reason you couldn't continue to do what you are doing, which is being friends.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!