+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confronting someone about how you feel?

Confronting someone about how you feel?

I have been dealing with alot of built up anger and bitterness towards someone and I feel like I really would like to let them know how I feel. Although I'm pretty sure they know how they treated me and haven't given me a sorry or anything. I just need some closure by letting them know how I feel. I'm really hurt by this. Can't describe it.....should I confront them? Last we talked he said to leave things how they were......and I just hung up but never really had a chance to speak my mind so it's been almost 2 months should I just wait and see if they will contact me?

He said to leave things how they were, he hasn't contacted you in 2 months... so why do you think that will change? If you have unresolved issues it's your turn to step up. If you're not sure about contacting him you could try writing all the things on a piece of paper and burning it or drowning it in a lake. Sometimes this can halp and give you the relief you need. Or you could try talking to a therapist about it, they also can show you ways of coping with unresolved anger.

If that's not enough and you need to direct your anger at him and confront him with everything to find relief, then I think you have to go for it because I'm pretty sure he won't come to you. If this would really help you find closure, why not do it? What do you have to lose?

Perhaps just ask yourself before what kind of reaction you expect and if it must be a certain kind of reaction (eg apology) so you will be relieved or if it is really the act of confronting him that would help you to move on. Because if you need a certain reaction to feel better afterwards you could be badly disappointed!

Big hug & take care
    Kyeema

I think you should contact him back. Write a mail-letter (if you don't want to take everything in person). He is just a coward if he "wants to leave everything as it is". YOU need closure, and don't take HIM into consideration.
    Based on experiences...I think that he is afraid of taking the consequences of his actions. And better that you contact him and get everything out of your system SOONER rather than later...
    It might be months before he contacts you.

Stay strong, i believe in you