+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So my girlfriend cheated on me about 4 months ago

So my girlfriend cheated on me about 4 months ago

And she cheated on me over the phone. She was at a club and she was really really drunk and she was trying to lie to me saying she was not going home with a guy. So a guy ended up taking her to his friends house. I called her again and she kept saying shes going home in 10 minutes but eventually it became an hour and she kissed him and I heard it. Before this all, we were going out for almost a year now. She claimed all they did was kiss. I spoke to her on her way home getting a ride from the same guy. She got home and was so drunk and eventually admitted to me what had happened, but she did not seem remorseful. I said I am done, I do not love her anymore, etc.

I didnt talk to her for about 3 weeks. She kept trying to talk to me over and over and finally I heard her out. She said she was NOT going to go to any clubs any more nor talk to any guys, and she also said she would not leave her house unless it was with me. So it has been about 4-5 months now and she has kept her word. But now school is starting and she will be going full time. I honestly think that if she had the guts to cheat on me within a couple hours at some club, she can do it again with some guy in her University. I told her that I cannot go through that kind of stress anymore. the night I had to hear her on the phone with the guy kissing her was so ****ed up. I told her that I can't go through that kinda shit again, especially if its gonna be everyday. I know she needs to get her education and shit and I totally respect that. But I also want to look out for myself too, because if something like that does happen again, im gonna be torn apart. I told her I can't do this anymore and that I need to look out for my well being. I also said that while she has not done anything wrong for 4-5 months, she also has not been around guys and stuff, and that once she is around guys she might do it again. What should I do? Should I look out for myself? FYI my heart was torn into pieces the night she cheated. I mean its one thing for your significant other to cheat on you, but over the phone? I told her I was scarred for life, and I still am. What should I do?

Short answer: F#$k her off....Dont waste your time with a slut like that.

Should have left her the first time.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

The bottom line is that you don't trust her any more. And the past 4-5 months haven't changed your feelings on that. So there is not much more to do... Without trust, a relationship is not going to work. Just let her know that you're sorry and you can't get over what happened before and that you think it is best if you both learn from it and move on.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

if it takes the very extreme condition of her not leaving her house without you for you to be able to be with her....there's no way it's ever going to work. i mean, think about it long-term. basically it will make her a prisoner and you will still be miserable and unable to trust her. sometimes when trust is broken it's just not possible to re-establish it...