+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An asocial guy who's confused of a girl's behaviour

An asocial guy who's confused of a girl's behaviour

Let's first get out of the way about who I am:
    Currently going the 2nd year of High School, in a Science-programme class. I have friends that I hang out with regurarly during the week, and I have a family that I care about.
    However, I never hang out with my friends in my freetime. That's because I'm asocial. I choose to not go to the mall, or into the city where there's alot of people (Public Places), and I don't want to talk to people I don't already know!

Now let's get down to business:
    During my first year, I went to a language class (At around 20-30 people). Nearing the end of the first half-year, I noticed something odd about a girl that went to the same class as me. I had the class early (8.20 in the morning), so I always arrived earlier than others. Outside the classroom(s), there're benches and tables that you sit at while waiting for the class to start. I always chose to sit near a table where there were either no persons sitting there, or if there were only a few of them. When I was waiting, and if there were not alot of people there waiting, and if the girl would arrive, she would sit at the same table as me (Regardless if there free places elsewhere or not).
    Seriously, the only reason she would not sit near me, was if the area around the table was completely occupied where I sat. There was also this one time when my friends and I were standing in line for lunch. At the entrance to the lunch room, there're two doors. And since it was a Friday, alot of people went home to eat lunch (Cause they had the rest ofbthe day off), so there were two empty entrances, one of which my friends were standing in. So while we were entering, I noticed that the girl and her friend decided to stand behind me in the same line (Even though the other entrance was empty, mind you). Also during our language classes, we had our own seats (Not assigned, just chosen by ourselves), and the girl and her friend had chosen to sit at the desk right in front of me (I had chosen before to sit alone at the back of the classroom).
    That's the thing I'm really confused over. Since she choses to sit at the same area as me when it's available, isn't that a sign that she's interested? Just to be clear, we barely talked to each other, we don't go in the same class or have the same lessons, and yes, I do think she's pretty. At first I thought the only reason she didi that was because of sympathy (or something) because she thought I was a loner during school. However, during other school days, she should have noticed that I have other friends to hangout with.

And in case you are wondering, yes, I AM in love with her. Whenever I see her right now, my heartbeat's "Over 9000", and I barely breath!

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Sounds like she is interested. But probably just as shy as you are.

Ok whoa whoa dude you don't know what love is......you are infatuated with someone you hardly know. Love comes much later when you finally get to know one another inside and out and how you interact with each other. Never put a girl up on a pedestal or worship the ground she walks on......they hate that. She is just a girl. Go talk to her, ask her some questions about herself, then ask her out.....simple. If she says no, it's not the end of the world. She will be flattered no matter what and won't think you are a fool or anything. You suffer from some social anxiety, hence the advoidance of public places and not going out of your comfort zone. Time to make some changes, be bold, get some confidence and ask her out. The longer you wait, the less likely you will have any chance of finding a GF.

Good point, but, here's a thing:
    It's not like I've never talked to her once in my life, or that I don't know who she is. During the classes that I had with her, I did help her on some questions, lend her my book, or go through questions made for groups. I know what her full name is, what programme she goes to, and I even know the names of some of her friends.

sadie_genie Guest
    You sound so inexperienced. But it is kind of cute. : ) Just talk to her and once you become more comfortable with her, ask her out.

Quote Originally Posted by KalKent View Post
    Good point, but, here's a thing:
    It's not like I've never talked to her once in my life, or that I don't know who she is. During the classes that I had with her, I did help her on some questions, lend her my book, or go through questions made for groups. I know what her full name is, what programme she goes to, and I even know the names of some of her friends.
    Just chat with her, and not about homework dude. Ask her where she likes to hang out or what she does on her down time...then you move in for the kill and ask her out. Seriously it's not that hard. Only you make it that hard.....she is just a girl.