+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we really just friends? I'm so confused...

Are we really just friends? I'm so confused...

I am currently in college, and I recently met this international Korean guy (we've only known each other for about a week and a half) Ever since then, we've hung out every day, and text constantly. He texts me until one of us goes to sleep.
    But he told me a couple of days ago, that he sees me like a sister, except even closer than his real sister.
    But during the weekend when we went to the club together (with a couple, and another guy) we held hands and danced, me laughing the entire time, due to alcohol. And when we were holding hands, he started stoking my hand.
    I told him that night that I had a lot of fun, and that I wanted to do it again, and he said this was just the beginning.
    So whenever we are out together (we've been hanging out alone, everyday) his friends always says something about how we look and act like a couple, or that we're really cute together.
    So currently, we study together everyday, we eat together everyday, etc.

Now, I do like him as more than a friend, but sometimes I also see him as a big brother. (He says he is my big brother) But he has a girlfriend back in his country, so I place our friendship as a greater importance than my other feelings.
    He's a really good listener, and seems to always remember the details I told him (which is really different for me) because he told me he focuses, when I'm talking.

So here I am getting all these mixed signals, by the fact that I'm sure if his girlfriend knew we were spending time like this, she wouldn't be okay with it. But I can't seem to sense if its interest, or just really good friends...

Try to figure out if the feelings you have for him are just attraction+friendship or something stronger than that. If you're in love with him, tell him you have this huge crush an him and leave it at that. He has a girlfriend, so it's up to him to decide what to do, even if your feelings are reciprocated.

Communication. Talk to him. Tell him you have feelings for him, but you're not comfortable staying the way you are whilst he has a girlfriend. Ask him how he feels about you etc.

He can either have you, or he can keep his girlfriend, his choice. He can't have both.

Also if you guys end up together, consider that he currently has a girlfriend and is almost at the point of cheating on her... do you really want a guy that is this "trustworthy" ? Just food for thought.