+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she blowing me off?

Is she blowing me off?

I met a girl a couple weeks ago through a friend sort of, it wasn't a set up or anything. We were at a small concert and it was pretty loud so hard to talk. She adds me to Facebook the next day and says it was really nice to meet me in a private message. I reply with the same and suggest we go out sometime.
    A couple days later we were out with some other people again at a bar just playing pool and having some drinks. She got there after me (i didnt know she was coming) and i was playing pool and she came over and put her arm around me and said it was nice to see me again. We hung most of the night, but there was another girl there who i know likes me so i wasnt about to be an ass hole. plus this girl who likes me is one of my ex's closest friends and i have since told her that although my ex screwed me over hard and we dont talk, im not about to do that and suggested we be friends.
    For the next couple days she messaged me on Facebook, just small talk: "how was your day" "heyyy how's it going" etc. We did that for a few days and then I just said to text me since it is easier and gave her my number. She stuck to Facebook for two more days until I asked if she was free one night and she didnt check her Facebook in time for the plans to work out, so she in turn gave me her number and said had she gotten the message in time she definitely would have hung out.

So we have been texting and last week one night I asked if she wanted to go see a movie the next night, I didnt get a reply until the late the next morning and she said her phone died and again would have gone out but told her mom that morning she would help her with some stuff. I said no problem.
    I didn't text her the rest of the day nor most of the next, then she sent me one just wondering what I was doing on the weekend, told her I was going on a fishing trip with some guys from school. That sparked a pretty in depth/ lengthy conversation and she texted me throughout the weekend. we were both a bit drunk on Saturday night and flirting a fair bit, nothing provocative really, more so just cute things and she begged i dont go to sleep so we could talk more. I asked if she wanted to go out for dinner this tuesday, and she said she would but already had a dinner date but might be able to see a movie afterwards. I thought wtf? im not going to be 2nd date of the night, and said "No worries then.", she said "haha it's just with a girl friend". I said "it's ok, i dont really like making people cut plans short to do something else.. if you know what i mean lol?" (again im a bit drunk as is she). she said she knew exactly what i meant. so i then suggested dinner and movie for this Wednesday instead. she said "for sure!"

now tonight she says something has come up. i again said "no problem. some other time, just let me know "

She seems like a cool girl, im not a big fan of games but its typical so i can deal with it. but is it games or what? She works 11 hour days mon-fri and 5 hours on Sat and im in school and work, so we are both pretty busy
    im not going to initiate any texts tomorrow, but if she messages me should i reply? i guess if she tries to reschedule I'll go with it, im kind of leaving it up to her now though.. good move?
    Last edited by 3Sheets2TheWind; 04-10-11 at 10:54 AM.

Yep.....good move She maybe busy? You dont know this girl at all so take a deep breath and stop worrying. Let her come to you and make plans at this point.