+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help. Girl chilling with another guy Issues.

Need help. Girl chilling with another guy Issues.

Hey everyone, so straight to the point. Me and my ex broke up after being with each other for 4 years, after the break up she got asked out a lot etc, she liked this one guy a lot and they had chemistry for a little bit. (Rebound Relationship) Everyone knows Rebound Relationships rarely last, this was about 2 months ago, at first she had really strong feelings for him, as time went on she would say that other things like, yea i still like him but not as much as i used to, to eventually now.. she says they are just friends and she will never like him like she did or date him. Anyway just recently we have agreed to try to fix us however she really didn't have much friends while we were together, the friends she had were girlfriends and they eventually started to flirt with me and she stopped hanging with them, so her only friend was basically me, so we want to fix us however she still wants to chill with this one guy, what should i do? Do you all think its ok to let her chill with him? While we were together she never lied or cheated or anything, she is loyal, the thing is i never know what could happen in the future, she might get feelings for him again or maybe not? I don't want to hold her back and have no friends or something, but at the same time i just don't think its right for her to be chilling with him. Should i try to fix things and let her chill with whoever she wants and trust? Or should i just move on?

First of all, It's great to hear that you two have decided to work things out.
    Now about the guy:
    If you have both made the decision to fix the relationship, getting to know someone else or continuing to get to know someone else outside of the relationship of the opposite sex should not be going on, on both ends. It will only complicate things and may even bring up trust issues in the future. Express this to her with a clear head, and don't be agggressive. Just be honest and tell her it makes you uncomfortable. If she becomes deffensive, it doesn't mean you should turn and run the other direction, immediately. And don't argue with her over it, either. She should be respectful of your feelings if she is serious about mending things, but she may not come to her senses right away about that.
    Also, maybe you should express to her, if your comfortable with it, that you'd be fine with her maintaining a friendship with him, after things feel better between you two. It will show her that you're not jealous, you just want the focus to be on the relationship, with no distractions. But be sincere, if you decide to do that, though.
    Be patient, these things take time.

Best of luck to you both!