+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some advice should i just wait or call

need some advice should i just wait or call

so i met this girl through my cousin a few years back i've always thought she was cute ever since first time we met she thought i was cute too (she told my cousin that) but at first i thought she was too young for me she was in highschool then and i also had a girlfriend so nothing happened between us back then

my cousin and i are very close we hang out often so i would see her occasionally here and there we comment on each other facebook and texting sometimes but nothing serious until about a year ago my cousin told me she just broke up with her boyfriend at that time i was single and she was in collage so i thought our world isn't much different anymore not like when she was still in highschool so i asked her out on a date unfortunately she got back with her boyfriend so she told me she would love to but she couldn't because her boyfriend would kill her

so pretty much we have always had crush on each other but our timing was never right until last week she showed up at my nephew's birthday party we hang out and talk just like we always do but this time we are both single after the party we went out to the club with few other friends she didn't drive so i drove her home that night and i decided to ask her out again she agreed i didn't say it was a date i just said lets go out for dinner but i'm sure she knows

then the day came she texted me that she's not gonna be able to make it...i was pretty upset thinking maybe she didn't want to go after all but then she texted me again saying that we will go for sure asap but she just can't make it today that makes me feel a little better so i told her to just let me know when its good for her then and she said ok

now im just sitting here waiting its only been couple days but im going crazy wondering when shes gonna let me know or if she ever will i talked to my friends about it they said i should call her and text her not to ask about it but just to talk to her the problem is we've known each other for long time but we never really called or talked to each other on the phone or texting unless we need something i think it would be weird to just start calling or texting more than usual but my friends think i should make sure she knows that im really interested and serious about it before somebody else come in and take her away again and they said if she really likes me she wouldn't mind me calling her

what should i do? should i call her and talk to her? or should i just wait? how long do i wait?

give it another day or two then call... and don't talk for too long. Promise you'll call her back... but only call her back after she waits a little. This way you won't appear too needy.

I say give her a call. You can say that you have a specific time available and wanted to know if she is available then. If she isn't, just say that's cool and you just wanted to check since you had that time available. Then the ball is back in her court and you just have to wait.

One other thing though, if you don't actually say "date" you can't be CERTAIN she knows it is a date. Communication is very important.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

If it's been 2 days, or it's the day before the event, call her. Don't text her. People tend to pick up calls more than look at texts. Just don't call every day or you will appear needy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)