+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont get this girl!!!!!

Dont get this girl!!!!!

Been seeing this girl for 2+ months. We have spent the night together numerous times but no sex. Alot of heavy messing around but no sex lol. At first I figured it was because she didn't want to take things too fast, but now I am starting to think it will never happen.

She has seemed like she wanted to limit hanging out to once a week or so. Which of course told me she was seeing other people too and was only down for the friends with benefits thing. I accepted this and was ok with it(even though I do have true feelings for her).

But two weekends ago she all of the sudden was open to spending the entire weekend together. Both nights we stayed over each others house. Still no sex But this next part is what is confusing the hell out of me; when we woke up and were laying in bed next to each other, she out of NOWHERE and completely unprompted says..."I had a dream that we were bf and gf". I don't say anything to put her on the spot after that. Was she trying to tell me something? Did I miss an opportunity?

So the next week about 3 days later....I send her flowers at her work. She texts me thanks you enthusiastically, but then acts all standoffish the rest of the week. I asked her to hang out twice and she didn't even say yes or no both times. So I don't call her the rest of the week, and then she texts me over the weekend with little random things like "hey".

I sent her the flowers because of what she said in bed next to me. But now I feel like I was too bold and that I scared her off again. She was divorced about 2 years ago and the thought has occurred to me that she is scared to commit again....but why would any girl tell a guy they had a dream like that if they weren't interested in a relationship? I haven't said any of this to her either because I really don't want to scare her away or be pushy. But it makes no sense.

Maybe she was acting standoffish because you're sending mixed signals. She gave you an opening to discuss your relationship, and since you basically ignored it, she probably assumed that you're not interested in her like that. Then you sent her flowers which should indicate that you have feelings for her. She's probably just as confused as you are. It sounds like you've made all these assumptions like she doesn't want to take things too fast or only wants a fwb thing, but you haven't even asked her about any of that. Have a talk with her.

^^^^Thank you and I hope you're right. We have plans to hang out this Friday. We usually spend the night together when we hang out. Should I wait until the next morning to bring it up?

The only reason I assumed she was only up for the fwb thing was because she has mentioned having guy friends to me. And sometimes she hasn't returned my texts. Like I said...I haven't once yet brought any of this up to her. I've told her that I like her though....and have seemed eager to hang out. Tried not to seem TOO eager lol....but I had figured she already knew I have feelings for her.

But the thing with mentioning having the dream about dating me.....to me there is NO WAY a girl would say that unless she was interested. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by deloz View Post
    But the thing with mentioning having the dream about dating me.....to me there is NO WAY a girl would say that unless she was interested. Do you agree?
    Actually if I dreamt that I was the gf of a close guy friend of mine I might tell him about the dream whether I had romantic feelings for him or not. But in your case, yes I think she was trying to bring the subject up, and you missed the chance.

Still, I don't think it's too late to bring it up again. Now it's up to you to talk about it, and you should do so the next time you see each other, as soon as the time is right. It really depends on you, you must try to sense what she wants and how she's feeling, to know when the right moment to talk about it is. Maybe she wants to talk about it straight away in the evening, maybe she wants to wait until next morning. Just make sure that, if you decide to bring up the subject in the evening, you don't give the impression that you're only doing it in hopes of getting sex - women sense that!