+ Follow This Topic

Thread: About British man in Education environment.

About British man in Education environment.

Hi there
    Please help me to understand culture of British or British man .

A British man is my teacher , the course only 2 months, after the course finish
    I want to give him a gift so I asked him how can I buy something for you? What would you like ?
    He e mail lthat " He likes chocolate , milk chocolate"

I gave him chocolate on the last day of the course, I also bough a high class belt for him,
    I just think that belt is nice , I do not have any intend.
    ( he is good teacher , responsibility , good manners , same my old around 30...)
    The next course I was still your his student , so I saw him wear the belt
    But He wear the belt with the wrong way , Logo of the belt turned down , it' looks like icon dislike .

So i just wonder , When the man ask Chocolate ? what does it mean ? in Europe this is normally ?
    I am Asian, my country men do not ask chocolate from women.
    and the second is , Why he wear the belt like that ? He want to tell me he do not like ?

By the way , any one help me to know how British man dating / flirt ? and marriage of British man.
    Thanks for your sharing .

Getup.
    Last edited by getup; 06-11-11 at 05:09 PM.

Chocolate is pretty common gift in Europe alright.
    It's possible that he's wearing the belt that way because he's left handed.
    Marrying him shouldn't be of your concern yet.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Hi ,

Thanks so much for your reply ,
    it's was interesting answer for me .

Damn I put my belt on backwards many times, probably had a late night. So are you trying to capture a British man eh? Hehehe should be simple enough.

Hi,
    You are a humorous man huh? So you will show me how to capture huh ?
    I saw the belt very nice and manly I think it's suit for him ,
    Plus, He wears only one during the course, it's really old, I buy one more for him to change - if he likes to change, up to him
    He is my teacher so i could not do such as you thinking - capture , I do not say any word to flirt him
    Just buy some gifts for him.
    Even when he told about his sick ,I bough some Vitamin and a couple of socks few day later,
    but I not dare give to him, I still keep for myself - bcoz I do not have any reason to give him , i am not his friend, not his lover, just his student.
    Next week will has a special day for him, should I give him flower ? Any problem if the BM received flower ?
    I really hope he happy and healthy .
    Do you have any suggest for me ?
    Thank you so much.

jeez woman are you in love? I would say that as a professional I would find it very uncomfortable if a client gave me these sorts of gifts, stuff for my cold etc, that being said my suggestion to you is that if you really like the guy then just go for him eh, what can you lose? Maybe if it doesn't work you might be embarrassed but no problem if the course is soon over right? Cause he is a teacher he might be thinking that he has to be professional at all times and not fraternize with students, perhaps its a policy which if known to break could cost him a job so maybe even if he knew you were interested he might do nothing so you should do something!

Difficult as it may be, you need to apply yourself to whatever you are studying, that is the best way to impress a teacher. You are causing him ethical problems by giving him personal gifts. British men, particularly, are concerned with manners and the proper time and place for things. Usually they don''t like their personal life to be witnessed by the general public and even when in love, don't normally give any indication of it by word or gesture except in private. They are gentlemen, and are concerned with doing the right thing.

If you want to make some social gesture you could try dicussing the aspects you struggle with in understanding the course content. Get him talking about his field of knowledge and perhaps find out for yourself what he does or does not like or believe. Conversation is the way to an Englishman's heart, be interested and ask intelligent questions. Food is another safe topic and if, say, you find he is interested in Asian foods, a gift of home cooked food for his lunch would be appropriate. If you talk about Asian resturants or eating places, it could lead to him agreeing to share a meal with you, or an interest in your culture.Things to talk about are your best chance of getting to know him.

As mentioned above, he is a professional. It would be unprofessional for him to make a move on a student, which means you have to make the move.

Forget gifts, he could think it's just a cultural thing.

Ask if he has office hours or extra help and sit very close to him, be flirty, see his reaction.

Hi
    I greatly appreciate for your sincere advice
    I am very lucky to find out this room to share apart of my life
    @regdenied: I really like his guy and thinking about him a lot and always pray for him, but I need to know and understanding him before go for him.
    So that why I am pleased be here to need your help
    Ii will try to have more conversations with some safe topic as @ Gypsybell advice , I know i went to school for study not for seeing someone but sometime i could not know what is going on in my side.
    and I difficult to sit very close him. When He stands around me or sit next to me My face's temperature was rising i could not do anything , even I could not look his face or his eyes( I like but i can't)
    Oh My God, that is difficult job. But love is the greatest felling. Can't live without love : )

Again, Thank you so much for your sharing.