+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has she suddenly lost interest in me?

Has she suddenly lost interest in me?

Im 17, me and this girl have been hanging out with each other like 3-4 times a week for the past month, and I have literally fallen in love with her. She would usually text me every day first before I had the chance to text her, if we hadnt spoken all day she would text me and say some thing like "we havn't spoken all day! how was your day?" or something like that. When we walked anywhere together we would either link arms or she would ask me to put my arm around her to "keep her warm". She came to my house quite a lot and we watched movies and shed get real close, she also told me a few family problems which I helped her out with and everything was going so well. She was constantly tickling me and stuff so I kind of got an idea she was interested.

Until this, last week she came to my house 4 nights in a row and I thought everything was normal because she was being real nice and flirty and everything. Then on the Sunday she didnt text me, so I texted her and she didnt reply...ok a bit strange but I wasnt too fussed. At school on the Monday, she was pretty distant. I tried to speak to her and she would talk to me like she hardly knows me and would give weird faces whenever I said anything, she didnt text me Monday night either. And it got worse, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday still no texts and whenever we spoke it was like we had never hung out before and just spoke because we had too! I have no idea why she is doing this to me, its literally the worst feeling ever. We havnt hung out in almost a week, I have done NOTHING to annoy her, there is nothing I can think would even annoy her in the slightest. Last night I asked her why she didnt reply to my text and she just said "Sorry I always forget".

My question is, what the hell am I supposed to do? I , stupidly, asked her by text today if she wants to meet up later and I guess we'll have to see what she says to that one but seriously girls have I just been lead on and dropped?!

Her last actions indicate she's not interested. So move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Dating has a shelf life. If you've been hanging out a month and haven't made a move, then its likely she simply has given up or lost her lust for you. Are you technically dating or just hanging out?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I was going to guess that she was waiting for you to make a move and since you didn't, she figured she had put in enough effort. Or she might have met someone new and is spending more time with them.

It is hard, but you need to separate yourself a little from the situation. Keep yourself busy so that you don't think about her as much. That way, if she doesn't reply quickly enough (or at all) you are still occupied with other things/people you enjoy.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!