+ Follow This Topic

Thread: BF is talking to other girls

BF is talking to other girls

I have been with my boyfriend now for 2 and a half years. We have had problems in the past and i dont fully trust him anymore. Im slowly trusting him again. I checked his phone the other day for "a piece of mind" and i find out he is still texting this girl he knew from years ago. Yet the texts are not sexual, he is planning to hang out with her. And its obvious that she is in to him. Yet there is no mention of he is seeing someone and it seems as if he is just fueling the fire. I brought it up last time we got into a fight and he said she was not someone he would do anything with, and he left it there for me to find. Why is he doing this? Is it an ego boost? Im worried because she is the one who starts the texting, but he doesnt stop, and he is hiding it from me. This doesnt make me want to trust him more and i feel like im being emotionally cheated on. Should i worry about this or just ignore it? Because it seems nothing ever comes of it but then again we dont live together thus i dont know..

Help?

sadie_genie Guest
    Why are you still going out with him if you can't trust him? You can't snoop around forever and get constantly worried about him emotionally cheating on you.

Just break up with him. This is already a failed relationship.

Ya I agree with this too. This is a failed relationship.

Yeah I don't think he is that committed to you and the fact you don't trust isn't going to make this relationship go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lunderscoreids View Post
    I have been with my boyfriend now for 2 and a half years. We have had problems in the past and i dont fully trust him anymore. Im slowly trusting him again. I checked his phone the other day for "a piece of mind" and i find out he is still texting this girl he knew from years ago. Yet the texts are not sexual, he is planning to hang out with her. And its obvious that she is in to him. Yet there is no mention of he is seeing someone and it seems as if he is just fueling the fire. I brought it up last time we got into a fight and he said she was not someone he would do anything with, and he left it there for me to find. Why is he doing this? Is it an ego boost? Im worried because she is the one who starts the texting, but he doesnt stop, and he is hiding it from me. This doesnt make me want to trust him more and i feel like im being emotionally cheated on. Should i worry about this or just ignore it? Because it seems nothing ever comes of it but then again we dont live together thus i dont know..

Help?
    The bolded sections answered in order:

1. No, you don't. If you trusted him you wouldn't check his phone. That's ok, he's given you reason to not trust him.

2. Because he's a cheater. I'm sorry to tell you this, but without some major life changes it won't change.

3. You are. I wouldn't ignore it, I think unless you're ok with him cheating, you need to break up with him.

Over. Sorry.