+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Contacted my ex too soon...now what do I do??!!

Contacted my ex too soon...now what do I do??!!

So I broke it off with my boyfriend of ten months as he was constantly in touch with his ex via whatsapp (one of the main reasons)
    We did and probably still do have love for eachother, I know I do.

Anyway, I ended it for my own sanity because I realised I couldn't handle not being a priority in his life and he very easily let the relationship go when I said I was thinking of ending it. But he said he still wanted to remain friends - I told him this would take me some time.
    Anyway, I broke up with him on Sunday - Monday I was DYING!! I was sad, angry, then happy and realising it's for the best...but the torture of not contacting him was killing me.

So on Tuesday I texted him saying "Sorry my stuff is still at yours. I can pick it up whenever is good for you"
    He texted back "How are you?" to which I replied "I'm ok, at work. Just thought it must be annoying, all my stuff at yours"
    He replied "It's fine, don't worry. Sad though"
    I replied "I know, but it's for the best"
    Then i asked as I'm in the area if I could come round that day to get my stuff, but he said he wasn't going to be home til later so I just replied "Ah ok, another time"

Then later he texted that he's in work with me on Monday and he could bring the stuff in then --- in a state on panic I replied "No don't worry" - the reason being a) I kind of want to see him, but in an environment where we can talk (because it ended over text messages unfortunately) and I just want to have that closure and b) because I really don't think I could handle that at work, it's too raw and I'm a very private person at work.
    So i quickly sent another message saying "I mean, whatever you want to do. There's nothing I desperately need"

I don't know what to do now - on one hand I still want that closure with him at his, on the other maybe I'm better off not going back.
    I'm just in a dilemma as I want him in my life but I don't think I can forgive him soon re not trying enough in our relationship and because he couldn't give me what I want, I want him to work hard for what he wants - i.e. My friendship....what should I do????!!
    I would really really appreciated any advice.

he couldn't give me what I want,
    Repeated for emphasis!

What the **** do you mean you want closure? You ended the relationship.

This break up was a ploy because you thought he'd come running and beg you to stay, and end contact with his ex. Now you want to talk because it didn't work. Tell the guy to leave your stuff outside his place one day and you'll come pick it up. What the hell do you want to talk about?
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 08-03-12 at 01:26 AM.