+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusion between career and love

Confusion between career and love

hi there,

I am new to this forum and thanks in advanced for anyone who advise, I appreciate it indeed.

I am having a bf for about 5 months now, and everything doesn't seems to go well, I mean our relationship is not that stable, he's a very busy person however he did try to make sometimes for me usually, problem is that he's building up his career and he mention to me that he will not consider having a family without his career established first.

I am not young either, I told him I can't wait for him for 10 years as by that time, I will not have the ability to give birth, etc anymore, and he is saying that with advanced technologies, there must be a way for all this giving birth kind of thing.

He told me no matter what happen, he will love me and be on my side till death separate us apart, he wont leave me unless I want it myself, he's a man with his words, so I believe in that though.

However, the only thing concern me is that he had promised is late father that he will have children on his own someday and by his character, he will do whatever his promised. I dont mind not getting married or not having children before i knew him, i had this thinking only because he had make a promise that's why I am worried about giving birth on older age.

I know he is serious in this relationship, but at the same time he's also too career oriented and having a very strong principal towards this. I am very confuse, should I just continue towards this relationship and wait for all this uncertainty or should i just goes on with my life without him?

My family is planning another business opportunity for me in another town on where we live, if I go for the business, most probably I will break up with my current bf as he don't believe long distance relationship will work, i love him very much and want to be with him, but at the same time, i feel very insecure of this, I just can't make up my mind.

I appreciate for your opinion on this, thanks.

anyone help please? appreciate your advice..

Last edited by Saya; 28-03-12 at 09:29 AM.