+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missed a Perfect Opportunity to talk to her

well down

Sorry but first impressions count...she will not forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    So you asked and she ignored you..not good but not the end of the world either.
    You do mean after I asked right? Cause she did talk back when I asked her.

Also smackie9 it wasn't that bad of a first impression. Was it?

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey235 View Post
    You do mean after I asked right? Cause she did talk back when I asked her.

Also smackie9 it wasn't that bad of a first impression. Was it?
    Look, you came to her and she smiled (even if it's fake smile who cares). The problem is you acted scared and had no confidence. Girls can sense that and are turned-off. I can tell you from experience (i've done that on purpose a few times) and got totally different reactions. When you go up to her you must be confident and know what you are doing..That's why you just need to work on your self, dress well and when you are ready (she will mostly forget about you in few months) go back and try again. If you go back and show a totally different self and she still turns you down, then you can at least say you tried your best and move on.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Sorry but from a female perspective and speaking from experience there is nothing more of a turn off than a guy that is too nervous or is too scared to talk to a girl. Girls want confidence period.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Sorry but from a female perspective and speaking from experience there is nothing more of a turn off than a guy that is too nervous or is too scared to talk to a girl. Girls want confidence period.
    You just repeated what i just posted. The thing is, if you're saying that you wouldn't talk to him the 2nd time even after he showed confidence and wasn't nervous, you're saying more about what type of girl you are than anything else really. Sort of like the guy will only get 1 shot and if he doesn't do it right i'm done with him. As i said before i've tested this theory several times and it works.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Finally, a topic that I can contribute ;P

Here are some tips for you to improve your confidence since I went through the same thing:
    1. Pick a random hot girl at your school, walk up to her, look her in the eye, say "hi", and smile. Don't care about her response, just work up enough courage to do this.
    2. Pick another random hot girl and do the same thing
    3. Think and brainstorm a few (five or more) common topics to talk about to your girl

You should be confident enough by now to carry on a normal conversation while maintaining eye contact so talk to her. Based on my experience, for both men and women, the most attractive trait that one finds in the opposite sex is confidence. This can be hard for a high-schooler to work on but I guarantee you that if you work on it, you will find that girls will start to notice you.

Also, to throw my two cents in there, I think that you should really look for someone else to like because this girl has already written you off and the amount of work that it would take to win her over is not worth it.

Nice advice Lobster. Also, if you usually don't smile, work on it for awhile because some guys who don't smile often tend to show a very creepy smile. lol. That won't do you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    You just repeated what i just posted. The thing is, if you're saying that you wouldn't talk to him the 2nd time even after he showed confidence and wasn't nervous, you're saying more about what type of girl you are than anything else really. Sort of like the guy will only get 1 shot and if he doesn't do it right i'm done with him. As i said before i've tested this theory several times and it works. Also, if you usually don't smile, work on it for awhile because some guys who don't smile often tend to show a very creepy smile. lol.
    So what exactly are you saying? Basically I screwed up and there won't be another chance even If I work on my confidence and can do better. or the opposite, that there might be possibility?

What Lobster said, would that work with just random girls at just places I would be at. lol made me laugh though, but true guess it would help.

Smiles alright at least, been told I have a cute smile before by some girl last year. Just outa no where, was like ok.... Still just friends though. That's all I wanna be. Not a creepy smile lol.
    Last edited by heyhey235; 09-05-12 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey235 View Post
    So what exactly are you saying? Basically I screwed up and there won't be another chance even If I work on my confidence and can do better. or the opposite, that there might be possibility?

What Lobster said, would that work with just random girls at just places I would be at. lol made me laugh though, but true guess it would help.
    I didn't understand what she was saying because i already agreed with the whole confidence part. I was assuming she was pointing out that she wouldn't give a guy another chance even if he gave it another go and was confident...so i'm telling you the opposite. If you do it right, show confidence, aren't creepy, at the very least she will have a conversation with you and you can use it to build more confidence. If more develops, it will depend on if she feels any attraction and how well your talking skills are.

The smile stuff, yes you can practice pretty much anywhere.
    Last edited by Asip4u; 09-05-12 at 08:01 AM.

Try it and let us know the results. I love reading about these =)

By the way, that "friend" is totally into you.

It's genetics, it's how the female brain is wired.....can't help it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12