+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I leave? I'm not even sure what's going on. Need Advice!

Should I leave? I'm not even sure what's going on. Need Advice!

My boyfriend Brandon and I broke up about 7 months ago. The breakup was very difficult, so much so that I started seeing a therapist. However, since the break up we have consciously continued to be in each others lives. We do everything together....we talk every single day all day and we stay with each other every weekend, we make all of our plans together like going out of town for the weekend, going to the amusement park, grocery shopping, going to the winery, going to the lake, home improvement projects, we even have a Mexico vacation planned for the end of the summer. I feel as though we are still in a relationship without the title or the commitment. Neither of us seems to be interested in seeing other people, or even hanging out with anyone else. The catch is that we argue....A LOT, not about our relationship (which is never on the table for discussion) but about day to day things. There is rarely a week that goes by that we dont have at least one or two fights....and they always end in me crying and him walking out.
    Brandon has severe social anxiety. My therapist postulates that because his mother is a chronic paranoid alcoholic and dad is an emotionless and spineless person that Brandon never learned how to deal with emotions and feelings. His parent's do not communicate...their policy is basically "if you sweep it under the rug it will go away". Brandon learned "don't trust, don't talk, don't feel" as a child of an alcoholic and never had a true example of how to be a man....says my therapist.
    I find myself feeling very sad and lonely a lot lately. I try to express those feelings in a less serious manner to Brandon but never really get any sort of response. He used to respond to my feelings...now it just seems as though he doesn't really care or something.
    I am confused and sad and stressed and at a loss of what to do. Every time I feel like I want to walk away from this I just can't physically do it. I know that we will never last and that he will never change no matter how much I want to help deal
    Last week he sent me a beautiful basket of flowers to my work....which is VERY out of character for him....and then he ditched me for the 5K we have this weekend. I told him that I felt like he was ditching me and I didn't like it and I didn't want to be on my own for the things we signed up for together. He had very little response.
    I just don't know what to do. I want to be loved and be in love. I want to hold hands and have some one kiss me and make me feel special like every girl wants. I don't really even know what is going on with us......Give me some advice and some insight! Please!!!!!

be careful when you go to mexico. there is a lot of drug wars at the moment. On the plus side, the tacos are brilliant.

You are confused, sad and stressed? No dear you are just plain stupid. Advice. Stop being stupid. Have a real relationship not some wacked out 'friendship'.

You're in a bad relationship....period. Talk to your therapist about this and what can be done to move on with your life. We've all been there and we've all moved on....you can too