+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 8th Grade and still single...

8th Grade and still single...

so it all started in 4th grade. all these feelings directed towards this one girl. but there's one problem. she doesn't like me... the reason? my friend went and asked her out for me. because i CAN'T Ask girls out no matter what i do... so it all went downhill and she didn't like me at all. stupid me didn't even talk to her i just found her pretty. so loads of events have been going on throughout the past 6 years. i've sent her valentine cards but she STILL Decides to be cold-hearted. SHE THREW IT IN THE BIN!! well, i finally got over her but it took some time. there was a girl in my science class and she was really nice and we hanged out loads. but i was still too stubbornly focused on this previous girl that she lost interest. she got a boyfriend. then i realized that i was a fool chasing after that other girl. now i'm over the girl i mentioned earlier.. but now i really need help with the girl in my science class. i like her lots and she seems to have lost interest. she'll casually joke around and that but still... and alot of me is so desperate for a girlfriend. i have alot of moments when i go home,lock the door and cry. i need your advice guys. and please, if you're gonna say "you have your whole life in front of you and you should just focus on school" then please give a valid reason about why i should. however,i'd really like to hear some tips and advice. thank you for listening...

If you're desperate then that desperation is really clear to everyone else and desperation is not sexy. You need to play things cool - of course when you're young it's not easy, not compared to old farts like me. Good luck.

Wow... okay even though your friends might have girlfriends don't give in to peer pressure you'll find the right girl trust me

While some girls are attracted to cool dudes who talk loud, other girls do look more at what's inside, and really want someone with a good heart who will cherish them genuinely. Try to look for those nice girls who will know to appreciate all your little attentions -- and one who throws your valentine's card in the bin, is NOT one of them. Since it seems you are blaming it on the fact that you are too shy and that it is impossible for you to ask a girl out, then why won't you give it a shot with a girl who seems to be just equally as shy?

Now, to get a girlfriend asap, I'd suggest the following:

1) Don't let the whole world know when you're into a girl -- see what happened when your friend went in and asked for you and ruined everything? And then with that 2nd girl you tried to get with, but she didn't want you coz you were still too hung up on the 1rst one? Well, the more you fail, the less attractive you get, to girls' eyes; no one wants someone else's trash (no offense, just didn't have another way to say it). When A rejects you and you go and try with B, well B will feel like you weren't good enough for A, so she might feel like she has to turn you down or else it will mean she is inferior to B. And you know how girls crazily competitive. So, one of the best advice I can give you and that you should remember for your the rest of your life: in love, keep your failures to yourself.

2) Start off slow, and try to flirt with someone your caliber. As I said earlier, a shy, loner girl who looks like she could be as desperate as you are, would be your best bet right now. Remember, looks aren't all that important: everyone likes a pretty girl, but you should also know that any average girl has the ability to turn herself into a hottie, if she wanted to, and if she learned how to do it. Most women aren't born hot, but they can all become hot through good maintenance. So if you're that desperate, you might want to lower your standards a bit; this will give you a chance to actually get a girlfriend and to experience what it is to be in a relationship.

3) Shyness is often conveniently mistaken for confidence, mystery, and/or indifference. Use this at your advantange, or, depending on the situation (and the type of girl), allow yourself to open up a little more if you want to let her know you're into her. Whatever you do, just exude some shred of confidence! Coz no broad's gonna believe you if you don't believe in yourself first. And what girls need, is to be with someone positive and assertive (to a certain degree), so that they can feel like this guy can protect them and take care of them, not the other around!

4) Work on improving your communication skills (there's plenty of advice about that on the Internet). A vast majority of people have to deal with being shy when they're young, but timidity does go away with age, as we learn to communicate in various environments (school, work, activities, etc.) day after day. This is something that is done gradually and it is certain that your case, just like that of many others, will improve in the long term. You will not be shy forever, trust me =)

5) Last but not least, always work on being the best you can be, and on improving what may need to be improved about you. If you're fit, clean, psychologically strong, and don't look too much like a dog's ass, then there's no reason a girl wouldn't want to be with you.

And, most importantly, the old farts are right when they say you have all the time in the world and that you should focus on school. Why?

Because no matter how much a guy scores when he is young, in the future, everything changes and it will be his career that will define him and make him stand out from all the rest. A man with a career and a good heart scores any woman he wants. And by that time, all this dating trouble during your school years will only be a faint memory of something insignificant next to all the things you will have accomplished by then, with by your side the girl of your dreams because you'll be a smart, confident, successful man any woman will want to be with.