Hi everyone! Because my situation is so unique, I think it would be best if I described the whole thing here. It's a pretty long story but I would appreciate if y'all could read it and offer some advice.

There's a girl who although I met four years ago, I didn't really get close to until this year. We reconnected after not really talking for the last few years (not because of an argument, we just lost contact). We got closer and closer and I asked her to my high school senior prom, and she said yes. At first, I just thought of her has a friend, since prom is often an occasion to go with a friend. Slowly however, I began to develop feelings for her. I hid them from her at the start, as I had discovered from a source that there was someone else that she liked. She found out that I knew about the other boy and was really ashamed (at this point she didn't know I liked her). I told her it was no big deal, and it actually brought us closer. No longer were we awkward around each other, and we became super close.

As prom grew nearer and nearer, I think I gave myself away too much, and she asked me if I liked her more than friends. I told her the truth about everything. Surprisingly, she told me that she had begun to feel the same way about me, and her feelings for the other boy were slowly vanishing. She asked me if I wanted to date her, and I obviously said yes. Now here is where the super big problem comes in. She asked her parents and they flat out said no. They said that they don't allow high school relationships and that it is not part of their family tradition. She told me about this, and I agreed to stay friends, and not do anything behind her parents' backs. Prom grew closer and closer and we were both super psyched, and when it finally came it was one of the best nights of my life. During prom however, her feelings for me became more than apparent, since she tried to kiss me several times, but I restrained knowing her parents' objections. We danced, walked hand in hand, and kissed each others' cheeks plenty of times, but I restrained from going further. After prom was over, I would hang out with her in school and one thing led to another, and eventually every 6th period during school we would be passionately making out around the school. I felt terrible for giving in to my desires and going against her parents, but I was so in love with her that I couldn't help myself.

One day, I met her after school and we made out. We got caught by a teacher (luckily a teacher who liked me) so we left the school. She began to walk home and her dad pulled up from her street and saw us walking together. We weren't doing anything more than walking, but my heart sank and I feared that she would get in trouble. Hoping that he hadn't seen me I walked quickly in the other direction (like a bloody fool). She texted me later that day saying that she was in hell and not to text her. The next day she told me that we had gone too far, and we need to restrain our relationship to be just friends. And this was not her speaking, but what her parents told her. Her dad told her that we can remain friends, but if there is anything more between us, she has to wait until she goes off to college. We were still madly in love with each other, but due to her parents' rules we couldn't be more than just friends.

From her conversations with her parents, she told me that she desires the trust and respect of her parents for as long as she lives with them, so she will follow their rules until she goes to college in 2 years. I, being a practical person, am really skeptical about this. I love her enough that I want to marry her, but waiting 2 years (and perhaps more, she says) without much contact would make it impossible. I already know the statistics on high school relationships. Most of them fail, and the ones that succeed are legitimate relationships, not being just friends for 2 years while deep down hiding your true feelings. Everyone who I've consulted about this urges me to try to get her to be firm and confident about our love to her parents, but she is just stubborn about not wanting to hurt her parents. Additionally, she is a strong believer in fate. She thinks that even if we are out of contact for 2-4 years, fate will bring us back together in the future. As I said, I'm practical. I know that the chances of fate bringing us together, even if we stay friends for that long, is really slim. You can't just pick up a relationship where you left off after all these years.

I am really lost and need some advice about what to do. I'm going off to college next year, and I want to keep a commitment to her because I love her so much. She is keeping a commitment to me as well, but can a situation like this really have a positive end result? She wants to focus on her career and schooling (which I respect), but being out of contact (and by contact I mean intimate contact) for that long, can we really just pick up where we left off? Should I try to convince her to try to convince her parents? Someone help!