+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I making the right decision to stay?

Am I making the right decision to stay?

Well, this is certainly interesting. I can't say i have ever done something like this, but i don't really have anyone to turn to, no friends i suppose. I guess i just wanted to talk to a bunch a complete stangers to find out what their opinions are. I am currently in a reletionship with a man, who , although i love him dearly, in the past month i guess its been playing in my mind, should i be here? is this the right descion? He is...well, he is certainly different. He's silly, he is a 23 year old man who most of the time, acts like a naive 18 year old, part of that i believe is his mental problems, which arent huge, but still can make a inpact. He can be the most un-romantic person i have ever met, yet he has his moments where he tries, very rare moments but i cannot deny. The people around me, his family and friends are constently tell me the difference they see in him, and all because of me, and the silly thing is, i didnt even know him that much before i was with him. We rushed it, i will admit, but at the time, he was like prince charming, my savior, because at the time, my father was getting married and i was finding extremely difficult to live with the man and his new wife, i love them but i couldnt live with them. At the time, i was one month away from graduation school and i was desperate at the time, and i had no friends and i knew i couldnt go out all by myself, and i found him attractive and refreshing and he was preparing to move out with a bunch of friends and he asked me if i would like to join him because i was having a hard time at home, and so before i knew it i had been with him for a month and i was living with him. I guess at the time it was good, i got what i wanted, to get away, have independance. Now its been 7 and 1/2 months and i'm question my moves. I now live with him and his parents at his parents place until we move out in early next year once i have finished my studies at uni.I love him, but he doesn't try and he doesn't really have a romantic bone in his body, he wants very different this to want to i want, he doesn't really think about the future unless he wants to do something that he couldn't ever afford. Some days i wonder if i'm settling for 2nd best. I am a true romantic at heart and i believe that we all have a soul mate, the question is, will we found ours. I want that stupid fairytale ending that is in just about everyone of my favourite books and all my songs. Is it silly to wish for something so...fantasy like? Let me know your thoughts and opinions...

You did what most desperate women do....latch onto a guy for support in a time of need. Now that the dust has settled you realize you are not in the ideal situation. Yes there is better than this but you have to stand on your own two feet and find it. Takes risks (risking) is very important to make changes in your life. Yes you will have to make sacrifices and hurt others along the way to meet your goals. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you, there is time to go through more relationships and making friends and build a life of your own. Never feel obligated to stay for the sake of someone elses feelings. Why would anyone be with someone if they are unhappy in their relationship? make sense? You know there isn't enough compatibility in your relationship, and it is something that is vital to have it last for the long haul. You have expectations that are not being met....time to move on.
    Last edited by smackie9; 19-06-12 at 10:42 PM.