+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some girls' opinion

Need some girls' opinion

So I found out a couple of days ago that my ex from a long time ago, the guy who completely and utterly broke my heart, got married. It was not a surprise since when we dated he was apparently not over her and for years I once in a while though of how their wedding/engagement would look like.

I am currently in my late 20's and I have less than a year working on a contract abroad and then I am due back home. For as long as I can remember I did not want to get married until I was over 30. I wanted to be very independent and live the amazing single life, traveling, meeting new people, and trying new things. I always planned on enjoying life before I had to settle down. The break-up took a lot of my happiness and dreams away from me. It hit my self esteem really low and I felt like he dumped all of his emotional baggage (he could be very cruel with his comments towards me).

I know that we were not good together and I eventually got my own closure. I really had no interest in being friends with him after the break-up and for a very long time all I wanted was to hurt him as much as he hurt me. And now that he is married, I just want to marry a better and nicer guy than him (I have a great bf BTW), I want a much grander wedding and nicer engagement pictures. ( I know this stuff is quite stupid), but when we were together he would always compete with me over who had nicer car, electronics (even though I did not care about that), I sort of feel like maybe this is the only way that I can get closure. I am mad, I'm mad that someone so shallow and selfish as him ( and believe me he was) got married before me.

Sorry I know it sounds stupid, but I want to stop competing, etc. and I just can't :/

Please help.

All of us read all the posts BTW....anyways why can't you just be satisfied with this new found happiness....is it not enough? It's not stupid, you are being petty. You say you are 28 year old....well start acting like one. You will not win anything by getting your revenge....you ex won't give a rat's ass if you get a better this or that....he don't care because he actually moved on. You are acting like a teenager, that didn't get her own way.......which worries me because now I see what is fueling your decision to stay with your current BF. I think you are dating him for very selfish reasons...wow, just wow. It's no wonder you family has been working so hard to steer you in the right direction for years.

Dating him for selfish reasons? I just found about this yesterday, that isn't going to sway my decision to stay with someone. It really was more venting than anything last night, but I guess if you do read EVERY post on this forum then you know that many people will vent out their emotions. But I guess that is some sort of adult thing to do, and teenagers like myself should get branded for it. Sorry I made the mistake of posting.
    Last edited by Hayden10; 01-08-12 at 07:38 AM.

What you have now is enough, stop competing and throw your emotions away. You're just guilty I know, 'coz if you're not, you'll not gonna do that. Focus on your current bf now and on your goals.