+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need unbiased advise, please help

Mlp is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

I need unbiased advise, please help

I need unbiased advise, help!
    So I started dating my first boyfriend two years ago when I was 18. He's a year younger than me. The good times were amazing. We were very much in love. However, the bad times were awful. He was very insecure, jealous, and had social anxiety. He wouldn't hang around my friends and when I did he would become so insecure he'd try to break up over it. Every 3 months he'd break up with me, claiming I was too good for him and he was too depressed. Days later we'd get back together. It was like clockwork. One time we were "broken up" he had sex with his crazy ex. I forgave him for that and I gave him another chance. I went to study abroad in Italy and he cheated on me with that same ex. Despite him claiming to be extremely in love with me. It's been almost a year, I tried being his friend and it didn't work. We got into old habbits and I realized it wasnt good for me so I called it off. He's emailing me again, months later, saying that I'm the love of his life, he'll wait for me until I know whether or not I want to try again, "however long it takes". That he'll change and that he'll make me happy no matter what. He says every guy will hurt me but he realizes his mistakes and will love me more than anyone else could. Hes saying give him yet again another chance so we wont rregret it. Im scared ill have to deal with the heart ache all over again. My question is, should I move on or should I consider getting back? I feel as if he'll always be apart of me, but of course I'm not in love anymore after everything's that's happened. I'm scared I'll regret losing him in the future. I told him that if it was meant to be then it will be, that I just need to live my life right now. But he acts like this is all so urgent, he can't accept that maybe fate will bring us together one day.
    My family and friends despise him. They saw how many tears I've shed over the years for him. They find him extremely manipulative

Although I don't feel that intense feeling of being in love anymore, I remember the good times and I remember when we were falling back into old habbits when we were trying to be friends, and it makes me feel really sad. And almost longing for that with him again. But then I think about everything else and I just don't know.

I'm extremely picky when it comes to guys. I feel like I'll never be as comfortable with another guy or like another guy as Much as i was with him

It's a mess. Give him another chance even if only so you won't wonder what if. But, most likely if he's cheated on you in the past, he'll do it again. There are exceptions, but most of the time that's the case.

It seems you've grown attached to him if you can't see yourself being comfortable with another guy, that could be a problem for you.
    Last edited by toknow; 11-08-12 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlp View Post
    I'm extremely picky when it comes to guys. I feel like I'll never be as comfortable with another guy or like another guy as Much as i was with him
    This is just your inexperience speaking. You've never been with another guy, so how the **** do you know what it would be like?

Don't respond to this guy anymore, and don't even consider giving him another chance. If you let him back into your life, you deserve every bit of pain he causes you. Move on.

I'm scared I'll regret losing him in the future.
    I doubt it, once your feelings complete wear away, you'll see him as nothing more than the cheater he is. He is trying simple manipulation tactics to get you to give him another shot. "No one will love you like I do" and "I'll never hurt you again" are both BS lines that abusers tend to use to keep you off-balance.

You should tell him "If you wait for me, I'll let you know how I feel" and then block his number and let him hang for a while, the cheating dick deserves it.
    Last edited by Cerby; 11-08-12 at 05:39 AM.

Listen to your family, they know you best and they have a better perspective on your relationship. I agree with them too, he is just trying to manipulated you again.....hopefully it doesn't work this time and you finally move on. Trust me on this one there are better relationships to be had out there....you just haven't experienced it yet. As for him, you can and will live without him. When you get older and look back on this you will realize how much of an idiot he was. You will be asking yourself "what the hell was I thinking?"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but of course I'm not in love anymore after everything's that's happened.
    Why would you even CONSIDER going back, if you have had the good sense to move on, and finally have some perspective? Forget him. You are very young, and there will be lots more to experience with men who are 1000x better than he is.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys. I knew I needed to say no but I guess I needed to hear it from an unbiased stand point. Thanks again!

Users Country Flag
    How he cheated sounds like he got taken advantage of while he was drunk from his crazy ex. Although he says he wouldn't go as far as calling it 'rape'. He's honest above everything. I'll give him that. But the story seems off. Whatever, it's over now

How he cheated sounds like he got taken advantage of while he was drunk from his crazy ex.
    I love that old favourite. Yes I ****ed her but it wasn't really my fault because I was drunk. That ranks up amongst those other classics such as 'she means nothing to me'. Bullshit.

Users Country Flag
    Haha yeah. Meanwhile I was judged when I drank. Cute

People always get too attached with their first relationship, even when it's awful. Everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY can be nice, so the "good times" with your ex-boyfriend do not reflect his true character. It's the bad times that do. Be more picky with how the guys treat you because there are so many that are not jealous/controlling and that will treat you great.

Thank god I didn't......there were plenty a waitin.