+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't forget her though long time has passed.

Can't forget her though long time has passed.

Hello.
    Well as subject says It has been a long time - more than a couple of months that I have not seen, texted or talked to the girl I have a crush on but I can't forget her.
    I am hanging out with my friends, I am working, I work out, I spend time to my hobbies but still she is in my head. Don't know how to make myself to forget her.

If anyone interested - this is how it all began: I was friends with her and never liked her as a girl, but then she left her boyfriend and started showing that she's interested in me. I was flattered, 'been playing around with her but something has changed and I... fell in love. The change was that we became dancing partners and that made me closer to her. All has been going great until I did stupid thing... I told her about my feelings. She was confused and I never got an answer, so I decided that she just not interested anymore. She got what she wanted - my interest in her and that was it.

What the hell is going on?! Where did it all go wrong? What will I do now?
    Seriously... I feel lonely and I fill like cats scratching my soul.

Last edited by Paul_Anton; 15-08-12 at 03:47 AM.
    I have yet to grow.

There is not much that I can offer in terms of a word of advice but I can tell you that I am somewhat in a same boat as you. I also fell for a girl who didn't want anything serious with me, we were also very close and at one point I couldn't take it any longer. Although I can't say that we were in love but what we had was amazing. We only saw each other for a few brief months but it's been twice as long and she still occupies my mind. Guess that's karma, one day you will be sitting by yourself, sipping good whiskey and remembering these times thinking to yourself "that was rough"... Its all part of life

I know how your feeling man. I been through this twice. The emotional pain was unbearable. Your mind is clouded with irrational thoughts when you experience unrequited love. Knowing that the other person you like have no feelings for you. I specifically remember I was around 22 at the time. There was this girl. She was chubby, short, but very cute. I manage to build up the courage to ask her out. Unfortunately she told me she was with someone. Might be a lie, but whom I'm I to question her. I try to do all the things possible to forget about her. I remember going fishing during November when it was blistering cold. The whole time I wanted to run back to my car to check on my cell phone to see if she texted. The other time was 2 years later. This girl was a friend of friend. He introduce me to her on the first day of class. I didn't notice anything important about her at first. The second semester my friend transfer to another university. We got closer, and her personality grew on me. This one didn't have a boyfriend, but she told me we could just be friends. It was like a dagger to my heart. Try listening to that song john michael montgomery friends. I knew what she wanted, but I kept holding back the emotions. I refused to take it as the truth. I acted a fool and probably lost all respect from my friends. I ask them for advice on what I should do. To tell you the truth, it was stupidity on my part. I even wrote her a letter. Can you believe it, a 25 year old guy writing a letter to a girl lol. It was a coincidence that I happen to go fishing and kept thinking about this girl as well. I still think of her till now as well as the other girl. I believe that if you truly like someone then it will last for a long time my friend.

Right now I think its happening again. With another girl that I like. She just broke up with some guy. I dont know why all these things happen to me. Anyways, I think what your doing is the right choice. Time could heal all pain. I think that when your lonely and have a lot of time is when your mind begin to wonder. Get your mind straight and you life will follow.

Thank you, guys, for your posts.
    @gotexans12
    Fells like you got it even harder than I. I guess we're doing something wrong you and I.
    @littlewing
    Karma? I think so to. Lesson not to play around.
    I have yet to grow.

It's an epic fail. Summer is gone, she's back to town and I see her everyday in University. All the feelings and excitements are back. I feel uneasy. I need help... maybe even from a professional... of a sort. o_O
    I have yet to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Anton View Post
    Hello.

If anyone interested - this is how it all began: I was friends with her and never liked her as a girl, but then she left her boyfriend and started showing that she's interested in me. I was flattered, 'been playing around with her but something has changed and I... fell in love. The change was that we became dancing partners and that made me closer to her. All has been going great until I did stupid thing... I told her about my feelings. She was confused and I never got an answer, so I decided that she just not interested anymore. She got what she wanted - my interest in her and that was it.

First of all, telling her how you felt was not stupid. Would you rather go on for years with your feelings bottled up inside, eating away at you? I know you think a couple of months is a long time but it isn't. Its been over a year since I cut contact with a friend I had feelings for and i still sometimes think about her - but it doesn't bother me anymore. I know for you it sucks right now but eventually you'll get over her and get stronger as a result of it.

@distilled First of all thank you (and where is the thank you button?), but as I said - now I see her almost everyday and she acts cold. Very cold. All went way south when I told her about my feelings and continued only in that direction. Now I'm thorn 'cause I want to forget, but I can't. There she is in front of me all the time.
    There is one last move I want to make. Her reaction will tell me if there is a chance, but it is the opposite of what I want - of trying to forget her.
    I have yet to grow.

you can forget her if you want too! just dont think of the moments that you've shared. . .

Well... that's it. She told me she loves another person. I guess he's the lucky one. What's for me - I am now free and it is damn easy to forget her now.
    I have yet to grow.

You can not forget the person who have occupied your mind ! Never.
    You only can keep the memories, feelings, emotions deeply in your heart.
    Sometime, you can balance them, control them to not affect much to you and vice versa.
    The best way to less most that affection is new person.
    We have an idiom : "moon is not bright, not turn off the lights". That mean, when you can not find some one new to replace old person,
    so you can not live easily.

@lylufy
    That's touching, thank you.
    I guess a person I love will be always loved and I shall find my happiness in other person.
    Last edited by Paul_Anton; 25-09-12 at 06:17 PM.
    I have yet to grow.

@lylufy
    That's touching, thank you.
    I guess a person I love will be always loved and I shall find my happiness in other person.
    Be proud of yourself for telling her how you felt and putting yourself out there. EVERYONE goes through stuff like this. You don't have to forget her, but you just have to accept that she loves someone else and be happy for her as much as you can.

About 2 yrs ago I fell in love with someone...and I told him and he said he had feelings for me but he couldn't really go there with me b/c he was still in love with someone else. I was devastated. I still think about him every single day. I read something...it said "You will never feel unrequited love if you truly love yourself"...I thought about this for a long time. I tried to understand what that statement really meant...and then after 2yrs of working on myself I understood it and I FELT it. I KNOW that I am an amazing person, good friend, wonderful mother, etc...I think pretty highly of myself for the first time in my entire life. I can finally be happy for this man who I still love. I understand that his rejection was not about me...it was about him and I would never pine after someone who wasn't emotionally available again. I wont feel bad about how other people feel b/c I feel too good inside about myself! Just something to think about.

@Maple1714
    It really is something to think about. But it seems to be a problem for some people to love themselves. Sometimes I say to myself: "Paul, you're hypocrite. Even you don't love you, how do you expect someone else to love you?!" But I guess I will learn to love myself. And I need to do so pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Be proud of yourself for telling her how you felt and putting yourself out there. EVERYONE goes through stuff like this. You don't have to forget her, but you just have to accept that she loves someone else and be happy for her as much as you can.
    People keep telling me I was right to tell her about my feelings. I guess you all are right and I did the right thing.
    Thank you. Paul.
    I have yet to grow.

@Maple1714
    It really is something to think about. But it seems to be a problem for some people to love themselves. Sometimes I say to myself: "Paul, you're hypocrite. Even you don't love you, how do you expect someone else to love you?!" But I guess I will learn to love myself. And I need to do so pretty fast.

People keep telling me I was right to tell her about my feelings. I guess you all are right and I did the right thing.
    Thank you. Paul.
    You were right. Just remember we are ALL individuals and there is no one else like us on earth...so you have to pretty special right?

Hello again.
    Story continues and gets me off balance again.

Now that I tried to play it cool and leave her alone she starts again. She tries to catch my attention. Talks to me, says she talks to other people about me. I often catch her eye. If she sees me paying too much attention to other girls she tries to get it (my attention).
    Recently she asked me when's my birthday. She never knew, but now she's interested. Why?

If you reading this - thank you. I needed to get it off my chest.
    I have yet to grow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast