+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can this turn into a relationship or is it too late now?

EMD is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Can this turn into a relationship or is it too late now?

This may get long so I apologize now, for 6 years my friend J and I have always been super flirty even when I moved thousands of miles from home. When I was 19 we went on a couple of dates and made out but I got scared he wanted to be serious being that he's older then me (by 4 years). We continued to talk and there has always been an obvious attraction on both ends. I recently moved back home (with my son from my previous marriage) and had him over last night. Everything was great we talked like we always had joking around and just shooting the s**t. He asked to use the bathroom so I showed him to the one in my bedroom because the other bathroom backs my sons room and I didn't want to wake him. When he came out he noticed my bed and jumped on it to test the comfyness (I had told him earlier that week that I bought a brand new comfty bed). We sat there talking and flirting when he kissed me, obviously we know what happened from there from my heading and to be honest it was better then I've ever had and we both agreed we should have done it sooner. He stayed for sometime after that just talking and cuddling and finally went home early in the morning (we didn't want my son to wake up, see him and get confused). He texted me when he got home and today as well. I don't want to ruin things by saying anything too soon because we obviously feel a lot more then platonic feelings for each other and have for 6 years. Is there a possibility to transition into a relationship from here and what would be the best way to do so?

Thanks for the help everyone

Why wouldn't you have asked him "what now" when you were having your after sex cuddle? For goodness sakes if you're going to share bodily fluids together you should have the gurl ballzzz to ask. Having sex with a guy doesn't mean it will or it won't transition into a relationship so if you're going to go in blind then you best not expect a GD thing but at least have the courage to ask him what he thinks about things now that you've taken your friendship to another dynamic.

Invite him over for dinner and a movie and have this discussion with him, not us? Good luck, I hope it goes your way because you're way too invested in him already.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 03-09-12 at 11:32 AM. Reason: to add further thoughts

I don't want to ruin things by saying anything too soon because we obviously feel a lot more then platonic feelings for each other and have for 6 years. Is there a possibility to transition into a relationship from here and what would be the best way to do so?

Why would you shoot yourself in the foot like this and not tell him your feelings? Just tell him you like him and want to see him more. You don't have to get married. Sheesh! Yes, this can become more, but only if you ACT. If you don't act, you put yourself in the friend zone. If you two have been friends for 6 yrs already, it sounds like he might want to see you more.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)