+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heartbreak

Heartbreak

Hey Everyone!

This is my second time posting here and I just wanted to say that you guys are the best adn give the best advice in the world and I wanted to thank you

~I was in a very serious relationship for about 4 years and about 5 months ago, out of nowhere, we broke up.We have had issues in the past but we were over them (or so I thought) and things were never better. I didn't see it coming.I was head over heels for this guy and marriage was brought up several times. As it's easy to understand, I was heartbroken and miserable. However, it is 5 months later and there are times where I feel like the pain is still fresh and my heart feels completely crushed. I had a friend who was also in a very serious relationship, for almost the same amount of time and she too was blind sided and heartbroken. However, she seems to have got over it MUCH quicker than I have. What am I doing wrong?? How do I get over this long, hurtful dragged out process? What helps? What makes it worse?? This is the worst pain in the world at times, and any advice anyone has is more than appreciated. I'm tired of reading generic advice columns on "how to get over a breakup"--I want real people, real stories, real advice. I can't keep feeling this way HELP. Anything/Everything helps.

Sincerely,

Broken Heart Girl

I truly believe that time heals all, even as cliche' as it sounds. I to was in a 4 year relationship and things went south very quickly. We broke up, she moved on so quickly and I felt much like you are feeling now. But as months went on I kept busy and found new interests and new friends away from the ones we had and now I find myself the happiest I have been in a long time.

There is no quick method to getting over love, you will do it at your own pace