+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We had to stop because of her parents :( advice?

We had to stop because of her parents :( advice?

All I am looking for is some advice on what to do. 1 month ago I started going out with this girl (I'm 15 she's 14)
    Our relationship was and still is amazing even after the break up. She says that she still loves me, and I trust that she's not making excuses. Basically the story is, when I asked her out, we poured our feelings into eachother (we had liked eachother for a very long time), but she told me that her parents would always be an issue. Her parents are very overprotective of her, and she wasn't allowed to get into relationships. She found it very stressful keeping secrets from her parents, and she felt guilty every time she lied to them when she went out with me. To make things worse, her mum had a baby the first week I asked her out...
    Do you think that there is still hope for us in the future? We are still very attracted to eachother, at school, it's like we're still in a relationship :/ I am confused, and I don't know what to do

Get her to sit down and talk to her parents. She needs to tell them that she likes you. Being in relationships is part of growing up!

You're still both young. I think you can stay as a friend for a while or wait until she gets in legal age to be in relationship and by that time, if are you still certain to your feelings, then pursue her.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisv24 View Post
    Get her to sit down and talk to her parents. She needs to tell them that she likes you. Being in relationships is part of growing up!
    exactly you wanna grow up and learn what relationships are about you gotta talk to the parents I remember when I was that age I did the same thing after sneaking around for a while we ended up together for 3 years and her parents adored me.

I can see why....she is only 14, and she is not grown up, she is still the responsibility of her parents. Sex is the issue, when it happens. No matter how careful, the risk of pregnancy is always there, so you better be old enough to handle that responsibility. lepebbles if you want to be mature about this, you need to learn "respect". Respect her that she respects her parents wishes. I will tell you this, being so young, you have a short tension span and will meet someone that turns your fancy just as much as she does. Just enjoy your time with her at school if it makes her more comfortable. Life is too short to worry about crap like this.

Just continue to be her friend at school. And communicate there. It's not good to push things on people. I didn't have my serious relationship till I was 19. Wow.