+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys opinion please

Guys opinion please

I was in a relationship with this guy for year and a half, when we first met we really hit it off and madly in love for eachother, he used to say I love you to me every single day, I doubt it at first and questioned him if his love was real and he always convinced me that his love is real, its true, and he meant it. We talked about marriage and having family. Its all from him and we made a commitment to each other. I was happy to know that he's serious with me, and I started to fall in love more with him.

Days past..

He found a new job abroad and then things getting rough, we miss eachother but stuck with our situations, he wanted to live together before married and that is not possible because I couldnt find a job in the country he worked for! He said he thought about it a lot and wanted the break up out of the blue and he told me he doesnt love me anymore (the word "I love you" still there the day we broke up- wth is that???)

Im shocked with his action and didnt see it coming and my love for him is too strong, now Im totally lost. People change, feeling change, I understand but whats the point of making commitment if u know your feelings will change?

Why suddenly he fell out of love ? can he have that feeling back somehow ?

He is simply a guy with goals and ambitions, in this case they were more important to him than you are. He didn't do it to hurt you, he didn't know things would turn out this way and it was probably a very hard decision for him. Decision has been made and I don't think you can do anything about it. You can certainly try to find someone who was in the same situation as you are and have a healthy 3rd person view on things. That's why I am here

Sounds like he's been falling out of love gradually but now has had the guts to be honest about it and the catalyst is him going away for his work. He has checked out of the relationship and won't be back. So time to move on.

His life was moving forward, somehow you didn't fit in the mix and you got left behind. It happens when people are young and feeling their way out in the world.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

We are in the beginning of our 30-ist, its not like a puppy love kinda teenagers things for god sake Im so upset about it really.