+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My housemate's feelings?

My housemate's feelings?

Basically, my housemate and I are currently in an awkward situation and I’m not sure if she likes me or not. She admitted to liking me at the beginning of term, but has said to me face to face that she doesn’t like me anymore.

She is very on and off with me, telling both of my other housemates on separate occasions that she would wait 2 years until we’re not living together (and that she would have guys in between) to make a move on me. She has however recently been acting just as a friend towards me, just acting as she would normally. Yesterday we went on a little excursion into town (just the two of us) and had a couple drinks and a bite to eat at a pub; afterwards, she asked for a hug and I obliged. The hug lasted for ages (like 20 seconds), and she nestled her head into my shoulder/chest as we hugged. She also set a pic of us as her profile picture on facebook and apparently, while I was getting our hallween movie sorted, she was staring at that picture on her phone for a few minutes straight.

Today I got mixed signals from her and she explicitly told me that we wouldn’t work together in a relationship (as some people that we were with (uni social) kept on mistaking us as a couple). When we got back from the night out she just went straight up to her room without saying anything. I did kind of piss her off earlier by electing to sleep in rather than go into town to choose fancy dress with her (dumb move I know, but I love my sleep).

She told me a couple of weeks ago that she gets really jealous when I talk about other girls, but in that same conversation told me she didn’t like me anymore. When we were having a conversation a little while ago she said that she wouldn’t find it weird if we snuggled in bed, it would be ‘normal’ or whatever. She also got really upset when she thought that my birthday party (which she and a friend organised) wasn’t going as planned, to the point of almost crying when she realised she bought me the wrong birthday badge (this was a week ago).

I’m really confused as to her feelings towards me; could anyone shed some light on what she could feel towards me?

It doesn't matter how she feels or how you feel because you're housemates! You cannot date a housemate - no no no no! That is just a really, really terrible idea. Stay friends with her and when you're not living together anymore you can see if there is anything more there. But not now. You will live to regret it, if you do!

On a side note, I googled "birthday badge" and though I completely understand what it is - I do not understand why. Why do you wear it? Does everyone wear one for their birthday? Even middle-aged people?