+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Perfect Present

The Perfect Present

Hello, christmas is pretty close, or at least soon it is, I need to find the perfect gift for my girlfriend, I'm 17 and she's 17, we've been together for almost 2 years and I simply just want to find the most perfect and personal gift for her, because I think she deserves it, I've been looking a little bit around the internet but I haven't been able to find anything, I hope you might be able to give me some ideas here! According to my budget I'm thinking around $170, but any suggestion is appreciated. If you have any questions or anything, then you're more than welcome to ask them here I'll be happy to answer them!

170 bucks, **** me. I havnt spent that much on my bird in 2 and a half years. Bit heavy man. Get her some chocloates.

MikZeR, what about a promise ring? Or have you done that already??

Anyway, if you want to get personal, you'll have to consider her likes and dislikes. The nuances of her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by jeejee View Post
    170 bucks, **** me. I havnt spent that much on my bird in 2 and a half years. Bit heavy man. Get her some chocloates.
    Lol, well she spends around the same amount of money on my presents - and I think she deserves it, that's what really matters for me.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    MikZeR, what about a promise ring? Or have you done that already??

Anyway, if you want to get personal, you'll have to consider her likes and dislikes. The nuances of her personality.
    I haven't looked at promise rings, I might consider it, thank you for your answer!

If you want a good ring for not real expensive go to cascadia design. They have a website. They do titanium rings at around $200 each using electricity to add color and they can add small stones. These are our wedding rings with a saphire on blue http://www.cascadiadesignstudio.com/titanium-ring-CA50.htm They can do words as well and some art but it has to be fairly straight lines like kanji.

Kageri:

Thank you for a nice suggestion, the only problem is, I'm from Denmark and it's going to be a long process even getting it here, also I might have to pay for the toll and then the price can easily get doubled

I think we'd need to know the person better to really give anymore ideas. Just pay attention to her favorite activities and hobbies. For example good gifts for me include an off road scooter my dog can pull so we can pretend to be sled dogs in a place that only snows 2-3 months out of the year. I also wouldn't mind a gift certificate to my favorite gardening site to buy plants and seeds. Although I have decided to give up on gardening until I get a house and an actual garden instead of my random collection of pots on the porch which my neighbors below complain about drips of water or dirt all the time. Cast iron cookware always goes over well too. I know my husband's mom bought me a cast iron tea pot for loose leaf tea that I spent an hour discussing and putting together a set with the salesperson to find it was waaay outside my price range. Now I'll have a cast iron scone pan, mini brownie pan, mini omelet pan, skillet, and tea pot. They'll out last me with proper care. I need a bread pan next for the quick bread I like to make.

Just think about what she uses and does.