+ Follow This Topic

Thread: having to chose and making a mistake

having to chose and making a mistake

hey well ive had feelings for my best friend beth for about 7 months and shes been feeling more and more for me ever since, on numerous occasions ive asked her out but every time she rejected me. so thinking she didnt want anything between us i tried to move on with another girl named emma. this relationship didnt last too long because i couldnt stop thinking about beth instead of my girlfriend so it wasnt fair. after being single for a while me and beth started being more than friends and being really comfortable with each other so i asked her out again but she rejected me yet again. the next day i was meeting up with emma as friends to talk things over...we ended up getting back together. after telling beth she breaks down crying saying that i broke her heart because she was going to go out with me even though she said no the day before. we made up and are friends again but i feel i made a stupid mistake because i dont have the same kind of feelings for emma that i do for beth and i feel like beth is perfect for me even though im with emma now. and i dont know what to do, i dont want to break up with emma again because its stupid and shes my girlfriend, and i dont know if beth will even say yes if i do so im just confused about what i should do.
    any help would be very appreciated thanks

Tell Beth that when she makes up her mind, to let you know. If she makes up her mind that she wants to be with you, break up with Emma and go that way... but beware that there's a possibility that she's just an attention-seeker and once she has it she may lose interest.

I think Beth is playing you for a fool. She's messing with your emotions and getting a kick out of it. If she cared for you at all, she wouldn't be playing these games with you.

I kind of wondered the same thing.

my friends have told me the exact same thing but im too blind to see it my self. i really like beth and i want to be with her but i dont want to walk away from something i have for nothing.

You already have nothing bro! Just let her know what you're telling us and put the ball in her court.

Quote Originally Posted by xv88mitch View Post
    my friends have told me the exact same thing but im too blind to see it my self. i really like beth and i want to be with her but i dont want to walk away from something i have for nothing.
    Why do you like someone who treats you like rubbish? No, this is not a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Why do you like someone who treats you like rubbish? No, this is not a rhetorical question.
    she doesn't treat me like rubbish just i don't know if shes confused or just making me feel sorry for her since i have someone and she doesn't, but the point is i still have really strong feelings for her either way.