+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rejected by a girl I really liked

Rejected by a girl I really liked

Please move this topic if it's in wrong section.

I'm 19, she's 17.

I've known her since the start of the school (August). I got attracted to her from the first when I talked to her. Yesterday I messaged her and told her I had something really important to talk about when the school starts again after Christmas holiday. She said "ok sure" and I replied "it's up to you if you want me to tell you or not". She replied "OMG, is it anything with love?" I didn't answer because I didn't know what to say.

So she logged on Skype and asked me what I were gonna talk about. I told to myself I couldn't tell it over the Internet because we're at high school. So therefore I told her to wait 'till we start school again after the holiday.

But she kept asking "Who do you like" and yet again I told her to wait until school starts, because it's personally and I told her to promise to NOT tell anybody.

After that she said: "I'm so happy I'm single. I'm not gonna have a boyfriend until next summer at least"

She must have taken the hint, and hinted me back. So I asked her if she had taken the hint, but she was like "no, I've no idea what you're talking about". I asked her if she really didn't take the hint, or just acted stupid. She really had no idea what I'm talking about.

But since she "out of nowhere" told me she were not gonna have a boyfriend until next summer I took the hint that she doesn't like me. Because few days ago she complained over that all her friends have had boyfriend but she has not. She said "I'm ugly" blahblahblah (typical girls). I said "No you're not". The answer I got back is "Yes, because if I weren't I would have a boyfriend right now".

I wish she just could answer that she don't like me back instead of saying she don't want a boyfriend for a long time. This is so confusing. I've not told her directly that I like her (as I had plans to wait until school starts again), but now I've taken the hint and really not sure what to do. Should I still tell her? Why did she complained over not having a boyfriend just few days ago, but now she "don't wanna have a boyfriend until next summer when school ends".

I really don't understand why jerks from my school who treats their girlfriend like s*** gets all the girls, while the good guys who respect their girlfriend like a gentleman seems to struggle to find one :/

Sorry for the long post and thank you for all the answers! And sorry for any grammatical errors.

Hi Ken,

I really don't think all hopes are gone. Being a girl (although I'm much older), I always feel compelled to give hints to guys that I like them. I'd give them an excuse why I don't want them, but deep inside I really want them. Confusing eh? I think what I really want to achieve is letting the guy know I'm interested, but I am not easily won over. I want the guy to put some effort to "change my mind". Does that make sense?

I recall when I was 19, I told this guy I really liked "I only like Christians". He was not a Christian, and so he started dating someone else. I was furious. When I said I only want to date a Christian guy, I really meant that "I hope you would change for me".

Think about it, if the girl wasn't interested in you in the first place, she wouldn't have cared who you like.... Actions always speak louder than words.

I think you should ask her to hang out with you. If she hangs out with you, she'd probably likes you back, at least she enjoys your company. I know it's scary, but don't give up just yet.

Tell her how you feel, I'm sure you'll be better after this, and if you don't, remember this: perseverance!