+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dilemma with this girl i like

dilemma with this girl i like

im a 20yr old guy who studies in london. im not gonna lie in the past 2 years ive played the field rather a lot, and i always said to my friends i'd only be prepared to get in a relationship if i found the right girl. and i think ive found the closest thing to that. ill try and make a short summary of her, shes blonde, gorgeous, sweet and good fun. ive known her a few months but weve only met up a handful of times. the thing is we act very much like a couple but i wouldnt call it a relationship, its rather casual. i feel the more i see her though the more she grasps my mind and not many girls have done that to me. for instance we spent new years together and had a great time, when i woke up with her the following morning it was weird, i didn't want to leave her. had i not had plans i would have happily spent the whole day just lying in bed with her. She said to me a while back she wants to take things slow, i can tell she likes me a lot based on things she says and does with me and that we find each other very attractive. however, does she like me enough to have an eventual relationship with? well this is what i would want ideally but i actually dont know about her. Its sporadic when we text each other aswell and its kept very casual so its hard to tell what exactly we are at the moment. She takes her studies seriously as well and why wouldnt she, being in her 2nd term of her final year at uni, so its likely shes gonna view work as a higher priority than a bf at the moment. when i left her place on the morning aswell we had heavy kissing before i said 'so when do you wanna meet up again?' and she said 'we'll keep in touch,' weve texted since then and she said she really enjoyed herself with me that night so i dont know what to think at the moment.

now i get to my point, when i was 17 there was this slutty kind of girl who i hooked up with once and developed an infatuation for, the following couple of months i ended up getting lead on and eventually became crushed when the shit finally hit the fan about her. ever since then ive been so cautious not to let myself fall for one particular girl, and now that this girl is starting to takeover my mind im getting worried that ill end up letting my guard down with her and then get led to disappointment.

Should i talk to her about this? at the end of the day i dont want to lose her, but at the same time im not even sure if a relationship can even happen.

any help is much appreciated

jayman Guest
    Hi mate, personally I think you're just being a bit paranoid and overthinking the situation, cos it sounds like things are going pretty well!! Firstly I know it can be hard, but try not to think about how you have acted with girls in the past, cos its the past and you can change. I dont think you should mention it because telling the one girl you like that you dont want to "fall for one particular girl" probably wont come out quite right...especially as it sounds you really want a relationship.
    Id go with the flow, take it slow, ask her out on a few dates, see what happens. Uni is a great place to meet people, but you're right studies can take over a bit.
    Hope this helps!! And good luck.