+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex still needing favors?

Ex still needing favors?

I will start off by saying that I still truly care for my ex even though he is seeing someone else. He recently lost his job and has needed help getting back on his feet. He recently asked me for $300 dollars for utility bills and rent and I feel horrible and considering letting him borrow it since I know he is struggling and it's hard to see someone you care about down. I already lent him close to 2000 dollars in the past few months to help him out. He says he asks me over anyone else because he trusts me and has known me for a long time but I'm not sure if I'm just being used and manipulated. Put yourself in my shoes and consider what you would do? Please serious answers only

Stop being a doormat!

He left you for someone else, why should he be seeking help from you? Even as a friend, you shouldn't be lending him that much. I wonder if his current girl knows about this.
    If you're financially unstable, don't get into a relationship, that's my advice.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine0988 View Post
    He says he asks me over anyone else because he trusts me and has known me for a long time
    No, he asks you because he knows you will do it. Why WOULD you do it? Don't be such a sucker. What does trust have to do with loaning someone money?He doesn't need to trust someone who makes loans to him, they have to trust HIM.

He can go to his family or a bank for loans, and if they won't give it to him, there is certainly a very good reason.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No, he asks you because he knows you will do it. Why WOULD you do it? Don't be such a sucker. What does trust have to do with loaning someone money?He doesn't need to trust someone who makes loans to him, they have to trust HIM.

He can go to his family or a bank for loans, and if they won't give it to him, there is certainly a very good reason.
    He's just trying to use you just because he can and he knows you will fall for him and help him

Quote Originally Posted by Janine0988 View Post
    I will start off by saying that I still truly care for my ex even though he is seeing someone else. He recently lost his job and has needed help getting back on his feet. He recently asked me for $300 dollars for utility bills and rent and I feel horrible and considering letting him borrow it since I know he is struggling and it's hard to see someone you care about down. I already lent him close to 2000 dollars in the past few months to help him out. He says he asks me over anyone else because he trusts me and has known me for a long time but I'm not sure if I'm just being used and manipulated. Put yourself in my shoes and consider what you would do? Please serious answers only
    You are an idiot ....as soon as you give an inch they will take a mile....he is taking advantage of you, and that's a no brainer. I doubt he is really struggling...I bet he's spending it on that new GF of his because she is so hot and high maintenance he can't say no....his baby needs a new pair of shoes to match that new purse he bought her last week.

Hah thanks. Just hard to see someone down when you care about them but you're right this is exactly what I needed to hear to sort of snap some sense into me.