+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Needing some help please...

Needing some help please...

Hello all,

I have a problem. I have been all my life attracted to men and I am still to this day attracted to men. But I have fallen in love with someone of the same sex. I do not find other women attractive except this one person. We have talked about it and she feels the exact same way that I do. I would be willing to either A.) Hide this relationship from others and continue it in secret B.) openly explain it to family and friends and anyone else for that matter. The problem is that my "partner?" says she isn't strong enough to face the scrutiny that will come with an outward and public display of our love for one another. She wants us to continue what we are doing now in private and says that she wants to be with me forever but that we can't. She says that we will both move on and find others (men) who we will fall in love with. I don't want anyone else. I can't even begin to think of being with someone else. I have everything I could ever want right now. I don't know what to do or what to say. Part of me understands what she means and doesn't want to push her but the other part of me wants desperately for her to change her mind. I would go the ends of the earth for this person. I want them in every aspect of my life from now till forever and the thought of her walking away with someone else (a guy) just because the world says it's ok for her to be with him is killing me. I just need some help on any part of my situation that you can help me with. What is this feeling I have? and what should I do to keep the soul that I've fallen for?

If you feel that strongly about her, you need to convince her it's okay to love like this.
    This isn't 100 years ago. There are gay rights group everywhere. No one should be ashamed to
    be homosexual. If she insists on doing this secretly, I think you may need to cooperate if
    you want to be with her. Bottom line: Don't let society control the way you love.

Thank you Kaius your post really meant a lot to me it's just sooo hard and I have no one to talk to about it.