+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First love, always in the back of my mind, how do I forget?

First love, always in the back of my mind, how do I forget?

Hello, my names Art

I got together with my first girlfriend when I was about 13 years of age, but we had known eachother since about 10 years old. I'm nearly 20 this year.

We went our different ways in early 2010, things got difficult due to me moving, I couldn't handle it, being apart. I really couldn't. she was everything I'd ever wanted in a partner.

I often look back at it and wonder "Was it just infatuation? teenage BS?" I thought it was love at the time, and at this point in time, I'm sure it was just that. We never argued, we never fought... it was nothing but good times and smiles. The way life should be.

I regret it, not sticking with her. I regret not pushing through the heartache, but what's done is done.

Years have past since then, I've taken up a job working 75+ hours a week, I've little time to think about anything else than work. It's enjoyable as hell, but.. when I get home, when it's quiet.

I think about her. Far too often that I would like. Good memories, but it hurts.. you know?

My question is... how do I forget about her? how do I let it all go? is it even possible? I'm enjoying life so much, but the memories of her just come back and bite me and make me feel down.

Please forgive my english

Have you ever been with another girl since you broke up with her?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Have you ever been with another girl since you broke up with her?
    I haven't, since I start working, I have had not many interest or concern to go out places to meet women

I think meeting new people and yes, opening your doors to potential partner can help you move on and forget her. You are still young and has a long way to go when it comes to relationships so don't waste your time feeling sorry about the past.