+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking a Break: What do I do?

Taking a Break: What do I do?

I started dating one of my best friends back in June. It was the best thing I'd ever done. She told me she loved me in August, and I told her the same; I really meant it. The summer was perfect, absolutely perfect, and then came the fall. Things got a little harder, considering we started going to different schools. It was still alright, though; we were both in the city, and we saw each other at least twice a week. Because we didn't see each other too much made every date even better. We got through that semester, and winter vacation was as good as the summer was.

After school started again, things took a turn. I was expecting it to be like it was during the first semester: seeing each other once or twice a week, being busy, but still happy. But we began to see less and less of each other, and when we did see each other, it seemed strained.

Three weeks ago, we had a talk. She said she has so much to do, she's so busy, and she can't stand scheduling dates in. She doesn't want me to be another event on her calendar, and it was making her upset. She said she was falling behind in school and in our relationship because she couldn't concentrate enough of her attention on both at the same time. Then she said she loved me, and that we needed to take a break, at least until school's off. I agreed, and we haven't seen each other in three weeks.

These past three weeks have been the hardest three weeks of my life. I literally cannot keep her off of my mind. All I want to do is call her, talk to her, hang out with her, but I don't want to take her focus away from her school. I want for her to succeed, like I know she can, and I was holding her back from that before.

But it's killing me. I need her in my life, and I'm not sure if she feels the same way. I don't know what to do right now.

if she truly is your best friend, then take her word for it and chill out. She never broke up with you, but wants a break to focus on her school, so maybe one day you 2 can have it all. You should do the same. When time does free up and it will, you 2 will see each other. Summer is coming soon and you 2 will be together again.. Good Luck.